Date: 25 Jun 2011
Surgical Arthritis Service Weekly Rounds: Ankylosing Spondylitis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Each author certifies that he or she has no commercial associations (e.g., consultancies, stock ownership, equity interest, patent/licensing arrangements, etc.) that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.
Each author certifies that his or her institution has approved the reporting of this case and that all investigations were conducted in conformity with ethical principles of research.
- Ahmad, N, Channa, AB, Mansoor, A, Hussain, A (2005) Management of difficult intubation in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis—a case report. Middle East J Anesthesiol 2: pp. 379-384
- Arends S, Spoorenberg A, Bruyn GA, Houtman PM, Leijsma MK, Kallenberg CG, Brouwer E, van der Veer E. The relation between bone mineral density, bone turnover markers, and vitamin D status in ankylosing spondylitis patients with active disease: A cross-sectional analysis. Osteoporos Int. 2010.
- Bhan, S, Eachempati, KK, Malhotra, R (2008) Primary cementless total hip arthroplasty for bony ankylosis in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. J Arthroplasty 6: pp. 859-866 CrossRef
- Borman, P, Bodur, H, Bingol, N, Bingol, S, Bostan, EE (2001) Bone mineral density and bone turnover markers in a group of male ankylosing spondylitis patients: Relationship to disease activity. J Clin Rheumatol 5: pp. 315-321 CrossRef
- Chen HA, Chen CH, Liao HT, Lin YJ, Chen PC, Chen WS, Chou CT. Factors associated with radiographic spinal involvement and hip involvement in ankylosing spondylitis. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2010.
- Iorio, R, Healy, WL (2002) Heterotopic ossification after hip and knee arthroplasty: Risk factors, prevention, and treatment. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 6: pp. 409-416
- Kaarela, K, Jantti, JK, Kotaniemi, KM (2009) Similarity between chronic reactive arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. A 32–35-year follow-up study. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2: pp. 325-328
- Kanathur, N, Lee-Chiong, T (2010) Pulmonary manifestations of ankylosing spondylitis. Clin Chest Med 3: pp. 547-554 CrossRef
- Kubiak, EN, Moskovich, R, Errico, TJ, Cesare, PE (2005) Orthopaedic management of ankylosing spondylitis. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 4: pp. 267-278
- Kwon E, Fleisher LA, Eagle. Cardiac risk assessment in noncardiac surgery. in:Perioperative medicaine: Managing for outcome. In: ; 2008.
- Mathieu S, Gossec L, Dougados M, Soubrier M. Cardiovascular profile in ankylosing spondylitis. A systematic review and metaanalysis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2010.
- McCarey, D, Sturrock, RD (2009) Comparison of cardiovascular risk in ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol 4: pp. S124-S126
- Parvizi, J, Duffy, GP, Trousdale, RT (2001) Total knee arthroplasty in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. J Bone Joint Surg Am 9: pp. 1312-1316
- Qaseem, A, Snow, V, Fitterman, N, Hornbake, ER, Lawrence, VA, Smetana, GW, Weiss, K, Owens, DK, Aronson, M, Barry, P, Casey, DE, Cross, JT, Fitterman, N, Sherif, KD, Weiss, KB (2006) Clinical Efficacy Assessment Subcommittee of the American College of Physicians. Risk assessment for and strategies to reduce perioperative pulmonary complications for patients undergoing noncardiothoracic surgery: A guideline from the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 8: pp. 575-580
- Rudwaleit, M (2010) Effects of low-dose infliximab on spinal inflammation on magnetic resonance imaging in ankylosing spondylitis. J Rheumatol 8: pp. 1553-1555 CrossRef
- Rudwaleit, M, Landewe, R, Heijde, D, Listing, J, Brandt, J, Braun, J, Burgos-Vargas, R, Collantes-Estevez, E, Davis, J, Dijkmans, B, Dougados, M, Emery, P, Horst-Bruinsma, IE, Inman, R, Khan, MA, Leirisalo-Repo, M, Linden, S, Maksymowych, WP, Mielants, H, Olivieri, I, Sturrock, R, Vlam, K, Sieper, J (2009) The development of assessment of spondyloarthritis international society classification criteria for axial spondyloarthritis (part I): Classification of paper patients by expert opinion including uncertainty appraisal. Ann Rheum Dis 6: pp. 770-776 CrossRef
- Rudwaleit, M, Heijde, D, Landewe, R, Listing, J, Akkoc, N, Brandt, J, Braun, J, Chou, CT, Collantes-Estevez, E, Dougados, M, Huang, F, Gu, J, Khan, MA, Kirazli, Y, Maksymowych, WP, Mielants, H, Sorensen, IJ, Ozgocmen, S, Roussou, E, Valle-Onate, R, Weber, U, Wei, J, Sieper, J (2009) The development of assessment of spondyloarthritis international society classification criteria for axial spondyloarthritis (part II): Validation and final selection. Ann Rheum Dis 6: pp. 777-783 CrossRef
- Schett, G, Rudwaleit, M (2010) Can we stop progression of ankylosing spondylitis?. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 3: pp. 363-371 CrossRef
- Smetana, GW, Lawrence, VA, Cornell, JE (2006) American College of Physicians. Preoperative pulmonary risk stratification for noncardiothoracic surgery: Systematic review for the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med 8: pp. 581-595
- Sochart, DH, Porter, ML (1997) Long-term results of total hip replacement in young patients who had ankylosing spondylitis. Eighteen to thirty-year results with survivorship analysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am 8: pp. 1181-1189
- Sweeney, S, Gupta, R, Taylor, G, Calin, A (2001) Total hip arthroplasty in ankylosing spondylitis: Outcome in 340 patients. J Rheumatol 8: pp. 1862-1866
- Zochling, J, Heijde, D, Burgos-Vargas, R, Collantes, E, Davis, JC, Dijkmans, B, Dougados, M, Geher, P, Inman, RD, Khan, MA, Kvien, TK, Leirisalo-Repo, M, Olivieri, I, Pavelka, K, Sieper, J, Stucki, G, Sturrock, RD, Linden, S, Wendling, D, Bohm, H, Royen, BJ, Braun, J (2006) ASsessment in AS' international working group, European League Against Rheumatism. ASAS/EULAR recommendations for the management of ankylosing spondylitis. Ann Rheum Dis 4: pp. 442-452 CrossRef
- Surgical Arthritis Service Weekly Rounds: Ankylosing Spondylitis
Volume 7, Issue 2 , pp 194-205
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. The Division of Rheumatology, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
- 2. The Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
- 3. The Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Weill Cornell College of Medicine, New York, NY, 10065, USA