Leiomyoma of the Foot: Sonographic Features with Pathologic Correlation
Leiomyomas arising outside of the uterus and gastrointestinal tract are uncommon, though these benign soft tissue neoplasms have been reported in the lower extremity and foot. To our knowledge, the sonographic appearance of a lower extremity leiomyoma has not been described in the literature. This report involves a case of leiomyoma of the foot and its sonographic imaging features. MR correlative imaging and histopathology are also provided.
- Woertler K. Soft Tissue Masses in the Foot and Ankle: Characteristics on MR Imaging. Seminars in Musculoskeletal Radiology 2005; 9: 227–242. CrossRef
- Bakotic BW, Borkowski P. Primary Soft-Tissue Neoplasms of the Foot: The Clinicopathologic Features of 401 Cases. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery 2001; 40: 28–35. CrossRef
- Llauger J, Palmer J, Monill JM, Franquet T, Bague S, Roson N. MR Imaging of Benign Soft-Tissue Masses of the Foot and Ankle. Radiographics 1998; 18: 1481–1498.
- Kransdorf MJ, Murphey MD. Imaging of Soft Tissue Tumors. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders, 2006; 298–300.
- Hwang JW, Ahn JM, Kang HS, Suh JS, Kim SM, Seo JW. Vascular Leiomyoma of an Extremity: MR Imaging-Pathology Correlation. AJR 1998; 171: 981–985.
- Kinoshita T, Ishii K, Abe Y, Naganuma H. Angiomyoma of the Lower Extremity. MR Findings. Skeletal Radiology 1997; 26: 443–445. CrossRef
- Kransdorf MJ. Benign Soft-Tissue Tumors in a Large Referral Population: Distribution of Specific Diagnoses by Age, Sex and Location. AJR 1995; 164: 395–402.
- Leiomyoma of the Foot: Sonographic Features with Pathologic Correlation
Volume 7, Issue 1 , pp 94-98
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links