Research on vertical handoff decision based on service history information and SINR for heterogeneous wireless networks
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this letter, we propose a SH (Service History) and SINR (Signal to Interference plus Noise Ratio) based PROMETHEE (SHS-PROMETHEE) vertical handoff (VHO) decision algorithm. An attribute matrix is constructed considering the SH information and the SINR in the source network and the equivalent SINR in the target network and so on. Handoff decision meeting multi-attribute QoS requirement is made according to the traffic features. The weight relation of decision elements is determined with LS method. Finally decision is made using PROMETHEE algorithm based on the attribute matrix and weight vector. The simulation results have shown that the SHS-PROMETHEE algorithm can reduce unnecessary handoffs and provide satisfactory vertical handoff performance.
- Shafiee, K., Attar, A., & Leung, V. (2011). Optimal distributed vertical handoff strategies in vehicular heterogeneous networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 29(3), 534–544. CrossRef
- Zhang, W. (2004). Handover decision using fuzzy MADM in heterogeneous networks. In Proc. of IEEE WCND’04, Atlanta, GA March 2004 (pp. 653–658).
- Kim, T., & Han, S.-w. (2010). A QoS-aware vertical handoff algorithm based on service history information. IEEE Communications Letters, 14(6), 527–529. CrossRef
- Yang, K., Gondal, B., Qiu, B., & Dooley, L. S. (2007). Combined SINR based vertical handoff algorithm for next generation heterogeneous wireless networks. In Proc. Globecom, Washington DC (pp. 4483–4487).
- Yang, K., Gondal, K., & Qiu, B. (2008). Multi-dimensional adaptive SINR based vertical handoff for heterogeneous wireless networks. IEEE Communications Letters, 12(6), 438–440. CrossRef
- Yolken, B., & Bambos, N. (2011). Game based capacity allocation for utility computing environments. Telecommunications Systems, 47(1–2), 165–181. CrossRef
- Chu, A., & Kalaba, R. K. S. A. (1979). A comparison of two methods for determining the weights of belonging to fuzzy sets. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 27(4), 531–538. CrossRef
- Chorti, A., & Brookes, M. (2011). Performance analysis of OFDM and DAB receivers in the presence of spurious tones. Telecommunications Systems, 46(2), 181–190. CrossRef
- Brans, J. P., Vincke, Ph., & Mareschal, B. (1986). How to select and how to rank projects: the Promethee method. European Journal of Operational Research, 24(2), 228–238. CrossRef
- Research on vertical handoff decision based on service history information and SINR for heterogeneous wireless networks
Volume 53, Issue 1 , pp 55-60
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Heterogeneous wireless networks
- Vertical handoff
- Industry Sectors