Changing minds? Not in Congress!
- Keith T. PooleAffiliated withDepartment of Political Science, University of California Email author
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper shows a variety of evidence that members of Congress are ideologically consistent. Based upon the roll call voting record, once elected to Congress, members adopt a consistent ideological position and maintain it over time. There may be changing minds, but they are not in Congress.
KeywordsCongress NOMINATE Optimal Classification
- Changing minds? Not in Congress!
Volume 131, Issue 3-4 , pp 435-451
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Optimal Classification
- Industry Sectors
- Keith T. Poole (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Political Science, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 92093-0521, USA