The strong Schur property in Banach lattices
- Witold Wnuk
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We prove that in the class of discrete Banach lattices the strong Schur property is equivalent to the disjoint strong Schur property (Theorem 3.1). Roughly speaking the strong Schur property holds iff an appropriate condition concerning sequences with positive pairwise disjoint terms is satisfied.
- A. Ju. Abramovich, Some theorems on normed lattices, Vestnik Leningrad. Univ. Math. 4 (1977), 153–159.
- F. Albiac, N.J. Kalton, Topics in Banach space theory, Grad. Texts Math., vol. 233, Springer, (2006).
- C. Aliprantis, O. Burkinshaw, Locally solid Riesz spaces with applications to economics, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, vol. 105, American Mathematical Society, (2003).
- J. Bourgain, H.P. Rosenthal, Martingales valued in certain subspaces of L 1, Israel J. Math. 37 (1980), 54–75.
- G. Godefroy, N.J. Kalton, D. Li, On subspaces of L 1 which embed into ℓ 1, J. Reine Angew. Math., 471 (1996), 43–74.
- M. González, A. Martínez-Abejón, Ultrapowers of L 1 (μ) and the subsequence splitting principle, Israel J. Math., 122 (2001), 189–206.
- J. Hagler, C. Stegall, Banach spaces whose duals contain complemented subspaces isomorphic to C[0,1], J. Funct. Anal., 13 (1973), 233–251.
- W.B. Johnson, E. Odell, Subspaces of L p which embed into ℓ p , Comp. Math., 28 (1974), 37–49.
- N.J. Kalton, On subspaces of c 0 and extension of operators into C(K)-spaces, Quart. J. Math., 52 (2001), 313–328.
- H. Knaust, E. Odell, On c 0 sequences in Banach spaces, Israel J. Math., 67 (1989), 153–169.
- E. Odell, On certain complemented subspaces of L 1 with the strong Schur property, Longhorn Notes, (1983–1984), 177–184.
- L. Weis, Banach lattices with the subsequence splitting property, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 105 (1989), 87–96.
- W. Wnuk, Banach lattices with properties of the Schur type-a survey, Conf. Sem. Mat. Univ. Bari, 249 (1993), 1–25.
- W. Wnuk, Banach lattices with order continuous norms, Advanced Topics in Mathematics, Polish Scientific Publishers PWN, Warsaw, (1999).
- The strong Schur property in Banach lattices
Volume 13, Issue 2 , pp 435-441
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Banach lattice
- Schur property
- strong Schur property
- subsequence splitting property
- Witold Wnuk (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, A. Mickiewicz University, ul. Umultowska 87, 61-614, Poznań, Poland