Optical and thermoluminescence properties of a NaCl single crystal doped with Cd2+, Mn2+ and exposed to gamma-rays
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The thermoluminescense (TL) behavior of solid solutions of cadmium and manganese doped single crystals under γ-irradiation is reported. Various compositions of single crystals of NaCl doped with Cd2+ and Mn2+ have been irradiated with ionizing radiation. The increase in the glow curve was followed as a function of the F-centers produced by the dose. The analysis shows the potential use of these materials as dosimeters.
- J. R. Cameron, D. W. Zimmerman, W. Bland, Intern. Conf. on Luminescence Dosimetry, F. H. Attix (Ed.), USAEC, Springfield, 1965, p. 47.
- J. Rubio, J. M. Hernandez, H. Murrieta, S. Ramos-Bernal, Phys. Rev., B 34 (1987) 34.
- S. W. S. McKeever, M. Moscovitch, P. D. Townsend, Thermoluminescense Dosimetry Materials: Properties and Uses, Nuclear Technology Publishing, England, 1995, p. 45.
- I. G. Draganic, Z. D. Draganic, The Radiation Chemistry of Water, Academic Press, New York, 1971, p. 216.
- Optical and thermoluminescence properties of a NaCl single crystal doped with Cd2+, Mn2+ and exposed to gamma-rays
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry
Volume 273, Issue 3 , pp 573-575
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Instituto de Ciencias Nucleares, UNAM, A.P. 70-543, C. P. 4510, México D. F., Mexico
- 2. Facultad de Quimica UNAM, Ciudad Universitaria, C. P. 1000, México D. F., Mexico
- 3. Departamento de Anatomia Facultad de Medicina, Ciudad Universitaria, C. P. 1000, México D.F., Mexico