Global robust exponential stability for Hopfield neural networks with non-Lipschitz activation functions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider the problem of global robust exponential stability for Hopfield neural networks with norm-bounded parameter uncertainties and inverse Hölder neuron activation functions. By using the Brouwer degree properties and some analysis techniques, we investigate the existence and uniqueness of an equilibrium point. Based on the Lyapunov stability theory, we derive a global robust exponential-stability criterion in terms of a linear matrix inequality (LMI). Two numerical examples are provided to demonstrate the efficiency and validity of the proposed robust stability results.
- V. Singh, “A new criterion for global robust stability of interval delayed neural networks,” J. Comput. Appl. Math., 221, 219–225 (2008). CrossRef
- V. Singh, “Improved global robust stability for interval-delayed Hopfield neural networks,” Neural. Process Lett., 27, 257–265 (2008). CrossRef
- B. Zhang, S. Xu, and Y. Li, “Delay-dependent robust exponential stability for uncertain recurrent neural networks with time-varying delays,” Int. J. Neural. Syst., 17, 207–218 (2007). CrossRef
- H. Zhang, Z.Wang, and D. Liu, “Robust stability analysis for interval Cohen–Grossberg neural networks with unknown time-varying delays,” IEEE Trans Neural Network, 19, 1942–1955 (2008). CrossRef
- W. Zhao and Q. Zhu, “New results of global robust exponential stability of neural networks with delays,” Nonlin. Anal., Real World Appl., 11, 1190–1197 (2010). CrossRef
- O. Kwon, J. Park, and S. Lee, “On robust stability for uncertain neural networks with interval time-varying delays,” IET Control Theory Appl., 2, 625–634 (2008). CrossRef
- R. Gau, C. Lien, and J. Hsieh, “Global exponential stability for uncertain cellular neural networks with multiple time-varying delays via LMI approach,” Chaos, Solitons Fract., 32, 1258–1267 (2007). CrossRef
- J. Shao, T. Huang, and S. Zhou, “An analysis on global robust exponential stability of neural networks with time-varying delays,” Neurocomputing, 72, 1993–1998 (2009). CrossRef
- C. Zheng, H. Zhang, and Z. Wang, “Novel delay-dependent criteria for global robust exponential stability of delayed cellular neural networks with norm-bounded uncertainties,” Neurocomputing, 721, 744–1754 (2009).
- J. Qiu, J. Zhang, J.Wang, Y. Xia, and P. Shi, “A new global robust stability criteria for uncertain neural networks with fast time-varying delays,” Chaos, Solitons Fract., 37, 360–368 (2008). CrossRef
- Z. Wang, H. Zhang, and W. Yu, “Robust exponential stability analysis of neural networks with multiple time delays,” Neurocomputing, 70, 2534–2543 (2007). CrossRef
- S. Senan and S. Arik, “New results for global robust stability of bidirectional associative memory neural networks with multiple time delays,” Chaos, Solitons Fract., 41, 2106–2114 (2009). CrossRef
- L. Sheng and H. Yang, “Robust stability of uncertain Markovian jumping Cohen–Grossberg neural networks with mixed time-varying delays,” Chaos, Solitons Fract., 42, 2120–2128 (2009). CrossRef
- Z. Wang, H. Zhang, and W. Yu, “Robust stability of Cohen–Grossberg neural networks via state transmission matrix,” IEEE Trans Neural Network, 20, 169–174 (2009). CrossRef
- W. Su and Y. Chen, “Global robust exponential stability analysis for stochastic interval neural networks with time-varying delays,” Commun. Nonlin. Sci. Numer. Simulat., 14, 2293–2300 (2009). CrossRef
- L. Wang, Y. Zhang, Z. Zhang, and Y. Wang, “LMI-based approach for global exponential robust stability for reaction–diffusion uncertain neural networks with time-varying delay,” Chaos, Solitons Fract., 41, 900–905 (2009). CrossRef
- R. Zhang and L. Wang, “Global exponential robust stability of interval cellular neural networks with S-type distributed delays,” Math. Comput. Model., 50, 380–385 (2009). CrossRef
- J. Zhang, S. Peng, and J. Qiu, “Robust stability criteria for uncertain neutral system with time delay and nonlinear uncertainties,” Chaos, Solitons Fract., 38, No. 1, 160–167 (2008). CrossRef
- Y. Chen, A. Xue, R. Lu, and S. Zhou, “On robustly exponential stability of uncertain neutral systems with time-varying delays and nonlinear perturbations,” Nonlin. Anal., 68, 2464–2470 (2008). CrossRef
- C. Zheng, X. Jing, Z. Wang, and J. Feng, “Further results for robust stability of cellular neural networks with linear fractional uncertainty,” Commun Nonlin. Sci. Numer. Simulat. (2009); doi:10.1016/j.cnsns.2009.11.007.
- H. Wu, F. Tao, L. Qin, R. Shi, and L. He, “Robust exponential stability for interval neural networks with delays and non-Lipschitz activation functions,” Nonlin. Dynam. (2010); doi:10.1007/s11071-010-9926-9.
- H. Wu and X. Xue, “Stability analysis for neural networks with inverse Lipschitzian neuron activations and impulses,” Appl. Math. Model., 32, 2347–2359 (2008). CrossRef
- H. Wu, “Global exponential stability of Hopfield neural networks with delays and inverse Lipschitz neuron activations,” Nonlin. Anal., Real World Appl., 10, 2297–2306 (2009). CrossRef
- K. Deimling, Nonlinear Functional Analysis, Springer, Berlin (1985). CrossRef
- S. Boyd, L. El Ghaoui, E. Feron, and V. Balakrishnan, Linear Matrix Inequalities in System and Control Theory, SIAM, Philadelphia (1994). CrossRef
- P. Miller and A. Michel, Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York (1982).
- Global robust exponential stability for Hopfield neural networks with non-Lipschitz activation functions
Journal of Mathematical Sciences
Volume 187, Issue 4 , pp 511-523
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors