Investigation of the action of a transverse flow on injected normally vertical elevated low-head jets
- K. G. Dobrosel’skii
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The action of a turbulent air flow on injected normally vertical elevated low-head axisymmetric jets has been investigated experimentally. Empirical formulas have been obtained for the geometry of the axes of isothermal and slightly nonisothermal jets and for dimensionless velocities and temperatures in their cross sections. It has been shown that the above jets are of a higher ejection ability in the transverse flow than submerged jets and wakes.
- T. A. Girshovich, Turbulent Jets in a Transverse Flow [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1993).
- K. G. Dobrosel’skii, Geometry of a low-head jet in a transverse air flow, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 8, No. 2, 199–203 (2001).
- K. G. Dobrosel’skii, Vertical low-head jet in a transverse flow, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 78, No. 6, 143–147 (2005).
- G. N. Abramovich, S. Yu. Krasheninnikov, A. N. Sekundov, and I. P. Smirnova, Turbulent Mixing of Gas Jets [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).
- G. N. Abramovich, T. A. Girshovich, S. Yu. Krasheninnikov, et al., Theory of Turbulent Jets [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).
- K. G. Dobrosel’skii, Dynamic and thermal characteristics of a jet injected along the normal to a transverse flow, Teplofiz. Aéromekh., 11, No. 1, 79–86 (2004).
- G. N. Abramovich, Theory of Turbulent Jets [in Russian], Fizmatiz, Moscow (1960).
- A. J. Reynolds, Turbulent Flows in Engineering [Russian translation], Énergiya, Moscow (1979).
- G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).
- I. B. Palatnik and D. Zh. Temirbaev, Laws governing the propagation of an axisymmetric air jet in a stalling homogeneous flow, in: Problems of Heat Power Engineering and of Applied Thermophysics, Issue 4, Alma-Ata (1967), pp. 68–82.
- Investigation of the action of a transverse flow on injected normally vertical elevated low-head jets
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 85, Issue 6 , pp 1390-1396
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- jet axis
- velocity and temperature profiles
- Industry Sectors
- K. G. Dobrosel’skii (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. S. S. Kutateladze Institute of Thermal Physics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1 Akad. Lavrentiev Ave., Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
- 2. Novosibirsk National Research State University, 2 Pirogov Str., Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia