Modulation of sound oscillations in a field with dissimilar sources of hydrodynamic perturbations
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Sound oscillations in the near field of the open working sections of two different wind tunnels are investigated. It was established by measuring the spectra of pressure fluctuations that the amplitude modulation of oscillations and the formation of their packets are typical of the cases considered. A more complete picture of the transient regime of flow in the mixing layer of a free jet in the working section of a wind tunnel is obtained. The well-known results of natural observations at the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric station are interpreted.
- S. P. Strelkov, G. A. Bendrikov, and N. A. Smirnov, Pulsations in wind tunnels and means of damping them, Tr. TsAGI, No. 593, 1–56 (1946).
- V. A. Vishnyakov and A. G. Prozorov, Excitation of velocity fluctuations and noise in a wind tunnel, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 165–172 (1992).
- A. V. Zosimov, Acoustic method of controlling velocity and pressure fluctuations in wind tunnels with an open working section, Tr. TsAGI, Issue 2292, 1–38 (1986).
- S. É. Khaikin, Physical Principles of Mechanics [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (1963), P. 772.
- Yu. S. Kachanov, V. V. Kozlov, and V. A. Levchenko, Origination of Turbulence in a Boundary Layer [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1982), P. 152.
- V. Kh. Arm, L. V. Okulov, and I. M. Pylev, Instability of the pressure systems of hydraulic energy blocks, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Énergetika, No. 3, 122–132 (1996).
- V. I. Bryzgalov, From Experience of Creation and Mastering of Krasnoyarskaya and Sayano-Shushenskaya Hydroelectric Power Plants [in Russian], Sibirskii Izd. Dom “Surikov,” Krasnoyarsk (1999).
- R. K. Karavosov and A. G. Prozorov, Nonordinary excitation of hydroacoustic resonance in the hydroturbine circuit of the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric power plant, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 84, No. 3, 540–543 (2011).
- Modulation of sound oscillations in a field with dissimilar sources of hydrodynamic perturbations
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 85, Issue 6 , pp 1352-1356
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- acoustic radiation
- wind tunnel
- Tollmien–Schlichting waves
- hydroacoustic resonance
- noise meter
- Industry Sectors