Concerning the problem of dynamic damping of the vibration combustion self-oscillations in a liquid-propellant rocket engine
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The reason for the decrease in the amplitude of longitudinal vibration combustion self-oscillations in the combustion chamber of a liquid-propellant rocket engine by means of antipulse partitions has been justified. A mathematical model of the development of combustion instability in such a chamber on attachment of a Helmholtz resonator to it has been obtained. The character of the damping of vibration combustion self-oscillations excited by the action of the Crocco mechanisms and negative thermal resistance, when varying the acoustic parameters of the resonator and of the pressure head characteristics of combustion chamber is established.
- L. Crocco and Hsin-i Cheng, Theory of Combustion Instability in Liquid Propellant Rocket Motors [Russian translation], Izd. Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1958).
- V. V. Gotsulenko and V. N. Gotsulenko, Thermal resistance as a mechanism of excitation of self-oscillations, in: Coll. Sci. Papers of Dneprodzerzhinsk State Tech. Univ., Issue 1 (11), Dneprodzerzhinsk (2009), pp. 95–100.
- Ya. B. Zel’dovich, O. I. Leipunskii, and V. B. Librovich, Theory of Nonstationary Combustion of Powder [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).
- Gotsulenko, VV, Basok, BI (2009) Control of the self-oscillations of a vibrating flame with simultaneous operation of the mechanisms of their excitation. Prom. Teplotekh. 31: pp. 101-107
- Chebaevskii, VF, Petrov, VI (1973) Cavitation Characteristics of High-Duty Screw-Centrifugal Pumps [in Russian]. Mashinostroenie, Moscow
- Natanzon, MS (1986) Instability of Combustion [in Russian]. Mashinostroenie, Moscow
- M. A. Il’chenko, V. V. Kryutchenko, Yu. S. Mnatsakanyan, et al., Stability of the Work Process in the Engines of Flying Vehicles [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1995).
- Gotsulenko, VV (2010) Control of the amplitude of self-oscillation of vibration combustion in a liquid-propellant rocket engine by solving the system of equations that describe this regime of combustion. Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 83: pp. 496-501
- V. V. Gotsulenko and V. N. Gotsulenko, Experimental investigation of oscillations in a system involving a pump with a monotonically decreasing characteristic, E′nergomashinostroenie, No. 5, 44–45 (1978).
- V. V. Gotsulenko and V. N. Gotsulenko, Concerning the problem of the instability of impellar pumps at small values of cavitation allowance, in: Tr. Donets. Nats. Tekh. Univ., Issue 51, 64–68 (2002).
- Gotsulenko, VV, Gotsulenko, VN (2012) Distinctive feature of self-oscillations (surging) of impellar pumps. Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 85: pp. 117-122
- Gotsulenko, VV, Gotsulenko, VN (2012) On the problem of decreasing self-oscillations of vibrating combustion. Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 85: pp. 132-138
- Basok, BI, Gotsulenko, VV, Gotsulenko, VN (2011) Control of self-oscillations excited by heat supply. Prom. Teplotekh. 33: pp. 63-69
- Artamonov, KI (1982) Thermohydroacoustic Stability [in Russian]. Mashinostroenie, Moscow
- V. V. Gotsulenko and V. N. Gotsulenko, Damping of self-oscillations of vibration combustion by continuousflow dynamic dampers, Aviats.-Kosm. Tekh. Tekhn., No. 3 (80), 53–57 (2011).
- V. V. Gotsulenko, A numerical method of integrating the systems of ordinary differential equations with a delayed arguments, Mat. Modelir., No. 2 (12), 5–7 (2004).
- Concerning the problem of dynamic damping of the vibration combustion self-oscillations in a liquid-propellant rocket engine
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 85, Issue 6 , pp 1346-1351
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- vibration combustion self-oscillations
- Helmholtz resonator
- damping of self-oscillation
- wave resistance
- antipulse partitions
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Technical Thermal Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2a Zhelyabov Str., Kiev, 03057, Ukraine
- 2. bInstitute of Business Undertakings “Strategy”, 38 Gagarin Str., Zheltye Vody, 52201, Ukraine