Numerical investigation of the character of the lift on a cylindrical particle in Poiseuille flow of a plane channel
- U. Dalabaev
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The character of the lift on a cylindrical (porous and solid) particle in Poiseuille flow of a plane channel has been investigated. The lift at various values of the Reynolds number, the particle size, and its position in the flow have been calculated.
- G. Segre and A. Silberberg, Behavior of macroscopic rigid spheres in Poiseuille flow, J. Fluid Mech., 14, 115–135 (1962). CrossRef
- P. G. Saffman, The lift on a small sphere in a slow shear flow, J. Fluid Mech., 22, 385–400 (1965). CrossRef
- N. Huber and M. Sommerfeld, Modelling and numerical calculation of dilute-phase pneumatic conveying in pipe system, Powder Technol., 99, 90–101 (1998). CrossRef
- R. Mei, An approximate expression for the shear force on a spherical particle at finite Reynolds number, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 18(1), 145–147 (1992). CrossRef
- E. S. Asmolov, On the transverse force acting on a spherical particle in a laminar boundary layer, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 5, 66–71 (1989).
- E. S. Asmolov, On the motion of disperse impurity in a laminar boundary layer on a flat plate, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 1, 66–73 (1992).
- V. A. Naumov, Influence of the Saffman’ lift on the motion of a particle in a Couette layer, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 68, No. 5, 840–844 (1995).
- P. Cherukat and J. B. McLaughlin, Inertial lift on a rigid sphere in a linear flow field near flat wall, J. Fluid Mech., 263, 1–18 (1993). CrossRef
- P. Cherukat, J. B. McLaughlin, and D. S. Dandy, A computational study of the inertial lift on a sphere in a linear shear flow field, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 25, 15–33 (1999). CrossRef
- A. B. Mazo and I. V. Morenko, Drag and rotational properties of cascades of circular cylinders at small and moderate Reynolds numbers, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 77, No. 2, 75–79 (2004).
- S. Patankar, Numerical Methods for Solving Problems of Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics [Russian translation], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1984).
- A. A. Samarskii and V. B. Andreev, Difference Methods for Elliptic Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).
- E. S. Asmolov, The inertial lift on a spherical particle in a plane Poiseuille flow at large channel Reynolds number, J. Fluid Mech., 381, 63–87 (1999). CrossRef
- J. P. Matas, J. F. Morri, and E. Guazelli, Lateral forces on a sphere, Oil Gas Sci. Technol., 59, No. 1, 59–70 (2004). CrossRef
- D. F. Faizullaev, Laminar Motion of Multiphase Media in Pipelines [in Russian], Fan, Tashkent (1966).
- R. I. Nigmatulin, Main Principles of the Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).
- A. A. Shraiber, L. B. Gavin, V. A. Naumov, and V. P. Yatsenko, Turbulent Gas Suspension Flows [in Russian], Kiev (1987).
- U. Dalabaev, Structure of flow through a fixed granular layer, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 70, No. 3, 390–393 (1997).
- U. Dalabaev, On an approach for viscous flow modeling about porous media, Thermophys. Aeromech., 5, No. 1, 45–50 (1998).
- M. A. Gol’dshtik, Transfer Processes in a Granular Layer [in Russian], ITF, Novosibirsk (1984).
- V. M. Shapovalov, Flow of a viscous liquid around a semipermeable particle, Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., 50, No. 4, 48–53 (2009).
- Numerical investigation of the character of the lift on a cylindrical particle in Poiseuille flow of a plane channel
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 84, Issue 6 , pp 1388-1392
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Poiseuille flow
- flow around a particle
- Industry Sectors
- U. Dalabaev (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. National University of Uzbekistan, Vuzgorodok, Tashkent, Uzbekistan