Se and Te-modified titania for photocatalytic applications
- Václav ŠtenglAffiliated withInstitute of Inorganic Chemistry AS CR v.v.i. Email author
- , Snejana BakardjievaAffiliated withInstitute of Inorganic Chemistry AS CR v.v.i.
- , Jana BludskáAffiliated withInstitute of Inorganic Chemistry AS CR v.v.i.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Nanosized Se4+ and Te4+, respectively, doped titania was prepared by homogeneous hydrolysis of titanium oxo-sulfate with urea in aqueous solutions in the presence of amorphous selenium and tellurium. The prepared samples were annealing at temperature 200 and 400 °C. The structure of prepared samples was characterized by X-ray powder diffraction (XRD), selected area electron diffraction (SAED), surface area (BET), and porosity determination (BJH). The morphology and microstructure characteristics were obtained by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and high-resolution electron microscopy (HRTEM). The method of UV/Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy was employed to estimate band-gap energies of the Se and Te-doped titania. The photocatalytic activity of the prepared samples was assessed by the photocatalytic decomposition of Orange II dye in an aqueous slurry during irradiation at 365 and 400 nm wavelength. The best photocatalytic activity in UV and visible area exhibit the Se and Te-doped titania samples labeled TiSe3 (~11.5 wt% Se) and TiTe3 (~8.0% Te), respectively.
- Se and Te-modified titania for photocatalytic applications
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 46, Issue 10 , pp 3523-3536
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors