February 2011, Volume 12, Issue 1, pp 121-130,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 21 Oct 2010
Rethinking school funding, resources, incentives, and outcomes
- Aaronson, D, Barrow, L, Sander, W (2007) Teachers and student achievement in the Chicago Public High Schools. Journal of Labor Economics 25: pp. 95-136 CrossRef
- Audit Commission (2009). Valuable lessons: Improving economy and efficiency in schools. Briefing for head teachers and school staff with financial responsibilities. Retrieved from http://www.audit-commission.gov.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/AuditCommissionReports/NationalStudies/valauablelessonsteachersguide30June2009.pdf.
- Blatchford, P., Bassett, P., Brown, P., Martin, C., Russell, A., & Webster, R. (2010). The impact of support staff on pupils’ ‘positive approaches to learning’ and their academic progress. British Educational Research Journal, Advance online publication. doi:10.1080/01411921003734645.
- Bryk, A, Schneider, B (2002) Trust in schools: A core resource for improvement. Russell Sage Foundation, New York
- Cuban, L (1988) The managerial imperative and the practice of leadership in school. State University of New York Press, Albany
- Cuban, L (1990) Reforming again, again, and again. Educational Researcher 19: pp. 3-13
- Dodd, A. (2006). Investigating the effective use of resources in secondary schools (Report No. RR799). Retrieved from DfES website: http://www.education.gov.uk/research/data/uploadfiles/RR799.pdf.
- Dolton, P, Klaauw, W (1999) The turnover of UK teachers: A competing risks explanation. Review of Economics and Statistics 81: pp. 543-552 CrossRef
- Gawande, A. (2009, December 14). Testing, testing: The health-care bill has no master plan for curbing costs. Is that a bad thing? The New Yorker. Retrieved from http://www.newyorker.com.
- Grubb, W. N. (2010). Moving research into practice: Creating an educational extension service. Unpublished manuscript.
- Grubb, WN, Tredway, L (2010) Leading from the inside out: Expanded roles for teachers in equitable schools. Paradigm Press, Boulder, CO
- Marshall, R (2010) The case for collaborative school reform: The Toledo experience. Economic Policy Institute, Washington, DC
- Newmann, FM, Smith, BA, Allensworth, E, Bryk, AS (2001) Instructional program coherence: What it is and why it should guide school improvement policy. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis 23: pp. 297-321 CrossRef
- Rivkin, SG, Hanushek, EA, Kain, JF (2005) Teachers, schools and academic achievement. Econometrica 73: pp. 417-458 CrossRef
- Wild, R., Munro, F., & Ayoubkhani, D. (2009). Public service output, input and productivity: Education. Retrieved from Office for National Statistics website: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/articles/nojournal/education-productivity.pdf.
- Rethinking school funding, resources, incentives, and outcomes
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Educational Change
Volume 12, Issue 1 , pp 121-130
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. David Gardner Chair in Higher Education, Principal Leadership Institute, Policy, Organization, Measurement, and Evaluation (POME), School of Education, Tolman 3521, University of California, Berkeley, CA, 94720-1670, USA
- 2. Department of Quantitative Social Science, Institute of Education, University of London, 20 Bedford Way, London, WC1H 0AL, UK