On models in the theory of stability of multiwalled carbon nanotubes in matrix
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Models in the theory of stability of multiwalled carbon nanotubes in a polymer matrix are justified. Some results on the fracture mechanics of nanocomposites are presented. New areas of research in mechanics suggested by a group of well-known scientists are discussed
- M. Born and K. Huang, Dynamic Theory of Crystal Lattices, Oxford University Press, London (1954).
- A. N. Guz, Stability of Three-Dimensional Deformable Bodies [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1971).
- A. N. Guz, Stability of Elastic Bodies under Finite Strains [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1973).
- A. N. Guz, Fundamentals of the Three-Dimensional Theory of Stability of Deformable Bodies [in Russian], Vyshcha Shkola, Kiev (1986).
- A. N. Guz, Mechanics of Compressive Failure of Composite Materials [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1990).
- A. N. Guz, Description and study of some nonclassical problems of fracture mechanics and related mechanisms,” Int. Appl. Mech., 36, No. 12, 1537–1564 (2000). CrossRef
- A. N. Guz and J. J. Rushchitsky, “Nanomaterials: On the mechanics of nanomaterials,” Int. Appl. Mech., 39, No. 11, 1271–1293 (2003). CrossRef
- A. N. Guz (ed.), Mechanics of Composite Materials [in Russian], in 12 vols., Naukova Dumka (Vols. 1–4), A.S.K. (Vols. 5–12), Kiev (1993–2003).
- C. Bower, W. Zhu, S. N. Jin, and O. Zhou, “Plasma-induced alignment of carbon nanotubes,” Appl. Phys. Lett., 77, 830–832 (2000). CrossRef
- B. Budiansky, “Micromechanics,” Composites and Structures, 16, No. 1, 3–13 (1983). CrossRef
- B. Budiansky and N. A. Fleek, “Compressive kinking of fibre composites: a topical review,” Appl. Mech. Rev., 47, No. 6, Part 2, 246–250 (1994). CrossRef
- B. Budiansky, N. A. Fleek, and I. C. Amazigo, “On kink-band propagation in fiber composites,” J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 46, 1637–1653 (1998). CrossRef
- T. W. Chou, R. L. McCullough, and R. B. Pipes, “Composites,” Sci. Am., 254, 193–203 (1985–1986).
- N. A. Fleek, “Compressive failure of fiber composites,” in: Advances in Applied Mechanics, 33, Academic Press, New York (1997), pp. 43–119.
- A. N. Guz, Fundamentals of the Three-Dimensional Theory of Stability of Deformable Bodies, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York (1999).
- A. N. Guz, “Three-dimensional theory of stability of carbon nanotube in matrix,” Int. Appl. Mech., 42, No. 1, 19–31 (2006). CrossRef
- A. N. Guz, V. A. Dekret, and Yu. V. Kokhanenko, “Two-dimensional stability problem for two interacting short fibers in a composite: In-line arrangement,” Int. Appl. Mech., 40, No. 9, 994–1001 (2004). CrossRef
- A. N. Guz, A. A. Rodger, and I. A. Guz, “Developing a compressive failure theory for nanocomposites,” Int. Appl. Mech., 41, No. 3, 233–255 (2005). CrossRef
- I. A. Guz and J. J. Rushchitsky, “Comparing the evolution characteristics of waves in nonlinearly elastic micro-and nanocomposites with carbon fillers,” Int. Appl. Mech., 40, No. 7, 785–793 (2004). CrossRef
- I. A. Guz and J. J. Rushchitsky, “Theoretical description of a delamination mechanism in fibrous micro-and nanocomposites,” Int. Appl. Mech., 40, No. 10, 1129–1136 (2004).
- Ch. Jochum and J.-C. Grandidier, “Microbuckling elastic modeling approach of a single carbon fibre embedded in an epoxy matrix,” Composites Science and Technology, 64, 2441–2449 (2004). CrossRef
- M. E. Kassner, Sia Nemat-Nasser, Shigang Suo, et al., “New directions in mechanics,” Mech. Mater., 37, 231–259 (2005). CrossRef
- Kin-Tak Lau and D. Hui, “The revolutionary creation of new advanced materials—carbon nanotube composite,” Composites, Part B: Engineering, 33, 263–277 (2002). CrossRef
- O. Lourie, D. M. Cox, and H. D. Wagner, “Buckling and collapse of embedded carbon nanotubes,” Phys. Rev. Lett., 81, No. 8, 1638–1641 (1998). CrossRef
- “Micromechanics of composite materials: focus on Ukrainian research,” Appl. Mech. Rev. (special issue), 45, No. 2, 13–101 (1992).
- G. M. Olegard, R. B. Pipes, and P. Hubert, “Comparison of two models of SWCN polymer composites,” Composites Science and Technology, 64, No. 7, 1011–1020 (2004). CrossRef
- H. R. Shetty and T. W. Chou, “Mechanical properties and failure characteristics of FP-aluminum and W-aluminum composites,” Metall. Trans. A, 16, No. 5, 853–864 (1985).
- N. H. Tai, M. K. Yeh, and J. H. Liu, “Enhancement of the mechanical properties of carbon nanotube composites using a carbon nanotube network as the reinforcement,” Carbon, 42, Nos. 12–13, 2774–2777 (2004). CrossRef
- E. T. Thostenson and T. W. Chou, “On the elastic properties of carbon nanotube-based composites: modeling and characterization,” J. Phys. D, 36, No. 5, 573–582 (2003). CrossRef
- E. T. Thostenson and T. W. Chou, “Nanotube buckling in aligned multi-wall carbon nanotube composites,” Carbon, 42, No. 14, 3015–3018 (2004). CrossRef
- E. T. Thostenson, Li Chunyu, and T. W. Chou, “Nanocomposites in context. (Review),” Composites Science and Technology, 65, 491–516 (2005). CrossRef
- M. A. Wadee, G. W. Hunt, and M. A. Peletier, “Kink band instability in layered structures,” J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 52, 1071–1091 (2004). CrossRef
- Y. Iwahori, S. Ishiwata, T. Sumizawa, and T. Ishikawa, “Mechanical properties improvements in two-phase and three-phase composites using carbon nano-fiber dispersed resin,” Composites Part A: Appl. Sci. Manufact., 36, 1430–1439 (2005). CrossRef
- On models in the theory of stability of multiwalled carbon nanotubes in matrix
International Applied Mechanics
Volume 42, Issue 6 , pp 617-628
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Consultants Bureau
- Additional Links
- stability in matrix
- three-dimensional linearized theory of stability of deformable bodies
- fracture mechanics of nanocomposites
- new research areas in mechanics
- Industry Sectors