Distribution of Ultraviolet solar Radiation at Riyadh Region, Saudi Arabia
- U. A. Elani
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The ultraviolet UV solar radiation flux is monitored over a fixed time interval to study the daily, monthly and annual variations for a nearly one decade in Riyadh. Mathematical expressions will be presented based on a comparison between theoretical and experimental values. It is believed that the present analysis of UV radiation suggest that the environmental effects led to a better understanding of UV scattering, UV reflection, ozone and clouds layers in Riyadh and other selected areas in the mid-east region.
- Al-Dhafiri, A.M., Al-Ayed, & Bin Mahfoodh, M. (2000). Long-term monitoring and analysis of hourly solar UV radiation in the 290–380 nm range in the middle region of Saudi Arabia. J. Air & Waste Manage. Assoc., 50, 1045–1049.
- Alnaser, W.E. (1997). Solar ultra-violet radiation changes in Bahrain. Applied Energy, 57(1), 25–35. CrossRef
- Al-Salhi, M.S., Al-Ayed, M.S., & Elani, U.A. (2001). Dimensionless parameters for infrared and ultraviolet solar radiation in riyadh area, presented at the Sharjah solar energy conference, University of Sharjah, Paper No. 172-STOIlO,United Arab Emirates, UAE.
- Al-Shibani, K.M., & Elani, U.A. (2001). An Investigation on the long-term performance of a silicon solar car. Inter. J. of Renewable Energy Eng., 3(2), 333–338.
- Bird, R., & Riodran, C. (1986). Simple solar spectral model for direct and diffuse irradiance on horizontal and tilted planes at the earth's surface for cloudless atmosphere. J. Clim. Appl. Meteorol., Jan. 25.
- Katsambas, A., Andonion, C.H., Stratigos, J., Arvanitis, L., Zolota, F., Varotsos, C., Cartalis, C., & Asimakopoulas, D.N. (1991). A simple algorithm for simulating the solar ultraviolet radiation at the earth surface, an application in determining the Minimum Erythema Dose (MED). Earth, Moon and Planets, 53, 191–204. CrossRef
- Mujahid, A.M. (1994). Correlation between ultraviolet radiation and global radiation in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Trans, of the ASME. J. of Solar Energy Engineering, 116, 63–66. CrossRef
- Nijegorodov, N., & Luhanga, P.V.C. A new model to predict normal instantaneous solar radiation based on laws of spectroscopy. Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics, Renewable Energy, 13(4), 523–530.
- Parisi, A.V., Kimlin, M.G., Wong, J.C.F., & Wilson, M. (1998). Diffuse component of the ultraviolet radiation in tree shade, www.photobiology.com, 1999, 9 pages.
- Robaa, S.M. (2004). A study of ultraviolet at Cairo Urban Area. Solar Energy, 77(2), 251–259. CrossRef
- Sadler, G.W. (1992). Ultraviolet radiation at edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Solar Energy, 49(1), 13–17. CrossRef
- Smith, G.J. (1996). A solar erythemal monitoring program in New Zealand and Queensland. N. Z. Med. J., 103, 5.
- Distribution of Ultraviolet solar Radiation at Riyadh Region, Saudi Arabia
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
Volume 124, Issue 1-3 , pp 235-241
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Ultraviolet UV radiation
- UV fluxes
- UV mathematical expressions
- Environmental effects
- Saudi Arabia
- Industry Sectors
- U. A. Elani (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Solar Energy Research Group, Department of Physics & Astronomy, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, 11451, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia