Business Ethics Research: A Global Perspective
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Using 10 years of publication data (1999–2008) from 10 leading business ethics journals, we examine global patterns of business ethics research and contributing institutions and scholars. Although U.S. academic institutions continue to lead in the contributions toward business ethics research, Asian and European institutions have made significant progress. Our study shows that business ethics research output is closely linked to the missions of the institutions driven by their values or religious belief. An additional analysis of the productivity of each highly ranked institution suggests that business ethics research is highly concentrated in a limited number of eminent scholars within each institution.
- Business Ethics Research: A Global Perspective
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 95, Issue 1 , pp 39-53
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- business ethics research
- global ranking
- contributing institutions and authors
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Finance, Gordon Ford College of Business, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, 42101, U.S.A.
- 2. College of Business Administration, University of Missouri-St. Louis, One University Blvd, St. Louis, MO, 63121, U.S.A.
- 3. Albers School of Business and Economics, Seattle University, 901 12th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98122-1090, U.S.A.