Date: 14 Aug 2013
Bayesian Advice for Gaydar-based Picking Up: Commentary on Lyons, Lynch, Brewer, and Bruno (2013)
- Martin Plöderl
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Ambady, N, Hallahan, M, Conner, B (1999) Accuracy of judgments of sexual orientation from thin slices of behavior. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 77: pp. 538-547 CrossRef
- Chandra, A., Mosher, W. D., Copen, C., & Sionean, C. (2011, June 10). Sexual behavior, sexual attraction, and sexual identity in the United States: Data from the 2006–2008 National Survey of Family Growth. National health statistics reports (No. 36). Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. Retrieved from www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr036.pdf.
- Chivers, ML, Seto, MC, Lalumiere, ML, Laan, E, Grimbos, T (2010) Agreement of self-reported and genital measures of sexual arousal in men and women: A meta-analysis. Archives of Sexual Behavior 39: pp. 5-56 CrossRef
- Hoffrage, U, Gigerenzer, G (1998) Using natural frequencies to improve diagnostic inferences. Academic Medicine 73: pp. 538-540 CrossRef
- Hoffrage, U, Lindsey, S, Hertwig, R, Gigerenzer, G (2000) Communicating statistical information. Science 290: pp. 2261-2262 CrossRef
- Johnson, KL, Gill, S, Reichman, V, Tassinary, LG (2007) Swagger, sway, and sexuality: Judging sexual orientation from body motion and morphology. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 93: pp. 321-334 CrossRef
- Lyons, M., Lynch, A., Brewer, G., & Bruno, D. (2013). Detection of sexual orientation (“gaydar”) by homosexual and heterosexual women. Archives of Sexual Behavior. doi:10.1007/s10508-013-0144-7.
- Reis, B., & Saewyc, E. (1999). Eighty-three-thousand youth: Selected findings of eight population based studies as they pertain to anti-gay harassment and the safety and well-being of sexual minority students. The Safe Schools Coalition of Washington. Retrieved from http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org/83000youth.pdf.
- Rieger, G, Linsenmeier, JA, Gygax, L, Garcia, S, Bailey, JM (2010) Dissecting “gaydar”: Accuracy and the role of masculinity–femininity. Archives of Sexual Behavior 39: pp. 124-140 CrossRef
- Seto, MC (2009) Pedophilia. Annual Review of Clinical Psychology 5: pp. 391-407 CrossRef
- Tremblay, P., Plöderl, M., & Ramsay, R. (2012). Adolescent gay/lesbian suicide risk. An expanded homosexuality factor in adolescent suicide. Retrieved from http://people.ucalgary.ca/~ramsay/adolescent-gay-lesbian-suicide-risk.htm.
- Bayesian Advice for Gaydar-based Picking Up: Commentary on Lyons, Lynch, Brewer, and Bruno (2013)
Archives of Sexual Behavior
Volume 43, Issue 1 , pp 7-9
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Martin Plöderl (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Sonderauftrag für Suizidprävention, Christian-Doppler-Klinik, Ignaz-Harrer Str. 79, 5020, Salzburg, Austria