A logistics deployment decision support system at Pfizer
- Tan MillerAffiliated withCollege of Business Administration, Rider University Email author
- , Emmanuel PetersAffiliated withJohnson & Johnson, Inc.
- , Vijay GuptaAffiliated withPfizer, Inc.
- , Oduntan BodeAffiliated withJohnson & Johnson, Inc.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We constructed a decision-support-system (DSS) to help the distribution network of Pfizer plan the daily deployment of finished goods inventory across its network. Utilizing databases, programming languages, spreadsheets and data inputs from the firm’s ERP; this system guides daily shipments of critical inventory between plants, distribution centers and copackers. This DSS improved the firm’s ability to effectively utilize its storage capacity and meet customer shipping requirements across a widely dispersed network.
KeywordsLogistics Decision support systems Distribution network Inventory deployment
- A logistics deployment decision support system at Pfizer
Annals of Operations Research
Volume 203, Issue 1 , pp 81-99
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Decision support systems
- Distribution network
- Inventory deployment
- Industry Sectors