A logistics deployment decision support system at Pfizer
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We constructed a decision-support-system (DSS) to help the distribution network of Pfizer plan the daily deployment of finished goods inventory across its network. Utilizing databases, programming languages, spreadsheets and data inputs from the firm’s ERP; this system guides daily shipments of critical inventory between plants, distribution centers and copackers. This DSS improved the firm’s ability to effectively utilize its storage capacity and meet customer shipping requirements across a widely dispersed network.
- Angerhofer, B. J., & Angelides, M. C. (2006). A model and a performance measurement system for collaborative supply Chains. Decision Support Systems, 42, 283–301. CrossRef
- Bender, P. S., Brown, R. W., Isaac, M. H., & Shapiro, J. F. (1985). Improving purchasing productivity at IBM with a normative decision support system. Interfaces, 15(3), 106–116. CrossRef
- Bloemen, R. J., & Maes (1992). A DSS for optimizing the aggregate production planning at Monsanto Antwerp. European Journal of Operational Research, 61(1, 2), 30–40. CrossRef
- Bowersox, D. J., & Closs, D. J. (1996). Logistical management, the integrated supply chain process. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Boykin, R. F., & Levary, R. R. (1985). An interactive decision support system for analyzing ship voyage alternatives. Interfaces, 15(2), 81–85. CrossRef
- Brown, D. C. (1985). The anatomy of a decision support system: how Abbott labs puts DSS to work for 2,000 products. Business Marketing, 70(6), 80–84.
- Fildes, R., Goodwin, P., & Lawrence, M. (2006). The design features of forecasting support systems and their effectiveness. Decision Support Systems, 42, 351–361. CrossRef
- Guariso, G., Rinaldi, S., & Soncini-Sessa, R. (1985). Design support systems for water management: the lake Como case study. European Journal of Operational Research, 21(2), 295–309. CrossRef
- Gupta, V., Peters, E., Miller, T., & Blyden, K. (2002). Implementing a distribution-network decision support system at Pfizer/Warner-Lambert. Interfaces, 32(4), 28–45. CrossRef
- Hall, M. (2000). DSS leads firm to ASP business. Comput World, 34(30), 40.
- Li, J., Sikora, R., Shaw, M., & Tan, G. W. (2006). A strategic analysis of inter organizational information sharing. Decision Support Systems, 42, 251–266. CrossRef
- Liberatore, M. L., & Miller, T. C. (1985). A hierarchical production planning system. Interfaces, 15(4), 1–11. CrossRef
- Liberatore, M. L., & Nydick, R. (1998). Decision technology for business application. Villanova: McGraw-Hill, Primus Custom Publishing.
- Liberatore, M. L., & Nydick, R. (2000). Introduction to decision technology modeling software and applications. Villanova: LN Publishing.
- Manjunath, M. L., Tummala, V. M. R., & Cox, K. (1997). A decision support system model in estimating budgets for standard figure tools at mattel toys. Computers Industrial and Engineering, 33(3, 4), 617–620. CrossRef
- Ramani, K. V. (2001). DSS-enabled materials management process at MP trust hospital. Production Inventory Management, 42(1), 1–1.
- Sen, T. K., Moore, L. J., & Hess, T. J. (2000). An organizational decision support system for managing the DOE hazardous waste cleanup program. Decision Support Systems, 29(1), 89–109. CrossRef
- Sullivan, R. S., & Secrest, S. C. (1985). A simple optimization DSS for production planning at Dairyman’s cooperative creamery association. Interfaces, 15(5), 46–54. CrossRef
- Thomassey, S., & Fiordaliso, A. (2006). A hybrid sales forecasting system based on clustering and decision trees. Decision Support Systems, 42, 408–421. CrossRef
- Van der Heyden, W. P. A., & Ottjes, J. A. (1985). A decision support system for the planning of the workload n a grain terminal. Decision Support Systems, 1(4), 293–298. CrossRef
- Wong, H. J., Legnini, M. W., Whitmore, H. H., & Taylor, R. S. (2000). The diffusion of decision support systems in healthcare: are we there yet? (Practitioner application). Journal of Healthcare Management, 45(4), 240–253.
- A logistics deployment decision support system at Pfizer
Annals of Operations Research
Volume 203, Issue 1 , pp 81-99
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Decision support systems
- Distribution network
- Inventory deployment
- Industry Sectors