Stereoselective Michael Addition of Carbonyl Compounds to (E )-β-Nitrostyrene Catalysed by N -Toluensulfonyl-l -proline Amide in Ionic Liquids
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
N-Toluensulfonyl-l-prolin amide was tested as catalyst in the enantioselective Michael addition of carbonyl compounds to (E)-β-nitrostyrene in nine ionic liquids under different reaction conditions. The reaction rates and enantioselectivities were strongly dependent on the ionic liquids. Change of enantioselectivity was observed too and it is attributed to both the cation and the anion of ionic liquid. The best yields (up to 98%) and enantioselectivity (70% ee) of product were obtained in a basic ionic liquid [bmim]BF4 at room temperature.
- Stereoselective Michael Addition of Carbonyl Compounds to (E)-β-Nitrostyrene Catalysed by N-Toluensulfonyl-l-proline Amide in Ionic Liquids
Monatshefte für Chemie - Chemical Monthly
Volume 138, Issue 11 , pp 1181-1186
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Keywords. Ionic liquids; Michael addition; Enantioselectivity; Organocatalysis.
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- A2. Institut für Organische Chemie der Universität zu Köln, Köln, Germany