Exponential Stability of Nonlinear Time-Varying Differential Equations and Partial Averaging
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper we formulate, within the Liapunov framework, a sufficient condition for exponential stability of a differential equation. This condition gives rise to a new averaging result referred to as “partial averaging”: exponential stability of a system , with α sufficiently large, is implied by exponential stability of a time-varying system .
- Exponential Stability of Nonlinear Time-Varying Differential Equations and Partial Averaging
Mathematics of Control, Signals and Systems
Volume 15, Issue 1 , pp 42-70
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer-Verlag London Limited
- Additional Links
- Key words. Differential equations, Exponential stability, Liapunov stability, Averaging, Circle criterion.
- Author Affiliations
- A1. SYSTeMS, Universiteit Gent, Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 9, 9052 Gent (Zwijnaarde), Belgium.¶Joan Peuteman is presently working at the KHBO, Departement Industrieële Wetenschappen en Technologie, Zeedijk 101, 8400 Oostende, Belgium. Joan.Peuteman@kh.khbo.be., BE
- A2. SYSTeMS, Universiteit Gent, Technologiepark-Zwijnaarde 9, 9052 Gent (Zwijnaarde), Belgium., BE