Variation features of total atmospheric ozone in Beijing and Kunming based on Dobson and TOMS data
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
About 20 years of Dobson and TOMS data are used to analyze the variation characteristics of total atmospheric ozone in Beijing (39.93°N, 116.40°E) and Kunming (25.02°N, 102.68°E). It is shown that: (1) the long-term change trends for 1979 (or 1980)–2000 period are −0.642 DU/year and −0.009 DU/year respectively in Beijing and Kunming, (2) there are strong intra-seasonal variations especially in wintertime, which are comparable to seasonal variations both in Beijing and Kunming, (3) the long-term trend deduced from shorter time period of record is significantly different from that for longer time period, both in Kunming and Beijing, (4) there are significant QBO signals both in Beijing (mid latitude) and Kunming (low latitude), (5) the inter-annual variations of atmospheric ozone in both stations are mainly composed of the long-term trend and QBO signals, and (6) our Dobson and TOMS measurements of total ozone are generally in good agreement.
- Chen Hongbin, Xu Lisheng, and Wang Pucai, 1995: A study of the distribution characteristics of stratospheric ozone over China using SAGE II data (in Chinese). Quart. J. Appl. Meteor., 6 (2), 240–245.
- Hood, L. L., and J. P. McCormack, 1992: Components of interannual ozone change based on Nimbus 7 TOMS data. Ceophys. Res. Lett., 19, 2309–2312.
- Keppenne, C. L., and M. Ghil, 1992: Adaptive filtering and prediction of the southern oscillation index. J. Geophys. Res., 97 (D18), 20449–20454.
- Santer, B. D., T. M. L. Wigley, J. S. Boyle, D. J. Gaffen, J. J. Hnilo, D. Nychka, D. E. Parker, and K. E. Taylor, 2000: Statistical significance of trends and trend differences in layer-average atmospheric temperature time series. J. Geophys. Res., 105 (D6), 7337–7356. CrossRef
- Shi Jiuen, Zhou Xiuji, and Ren Fumin, 1996: Some statistical features of the variations of atmospheric ozone in China. In: The Change of Atmospheric Ozone over China and the Inluence on Climate Environment, edited by Zhou Xiuji, China Meteorological Press, Beijing, 239–245(in Chinese).
- Stolarski, R. S., P. Bloomfield, and R. D. McPeters, 1991: Total ozone trends deduced from Nimbus 7 TOMS data. Geophys. Res. Lett., 18, 1015–1018.
- Vautard, R., P. Yiou, and M. Ghil, 1992: Singular-spectrum analysis: a toolkit for short, noisy chaotic signals. Physica D 58, 95–126. CrossRef
- Wei Dingwen, and Chen Hui, 1993: Trends and characteristics of total ozone and vertical profile in Kunming and Beijing China. J. Environ. Sci., 5, 427–434.
- Wei Dingwen, Zhao Yanliang, Qin Fang, and Guo Shichang, 1994: The unusual change of atmospheric ozone over Beijing and Kunming China. Chinese Sci. Bull., 39, 1509–1511 (in Chinese).
- Zhou Xiuji, Luo Chao, Li Weiliang, and Shi Jiuen, 1996: The variations of total ozone in China and unusual ozone depletion center over Tibetan Plateau. In: The Change of Atmospheric Ozone over China and the Influence on Climate Environment, edited by Zhou Xiuji, China Meteorological Press, Beijing, 232–238 (in Chinese).
- Variation features of total atmospheric ozone in Beijing and Kunming based on Dobson and TOMS data
Advances in Atmospheric Sciences
Volume 19, Issue 2 , pp 279-286
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science Press
- Additional Links
- Total atmospheric ozone
- Seasonal variation