Date: 02 Nov 2012
The Mathematics of Mathematics Houses (The Snaky Connection)
- Omid Ali Shahny Karamzadeh
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This column is a forum for discussion of mathematical communities throughout the world, and through all time. Our definition of “mathematical community” is the broadest: “schools” of mathematics, circles of correspondence, mathematical societies, student organizations, extra‐curricular educational activities (math camps, math muscums, math clubs), and more. What we say about the communities is just as unrestricted. We welcome contributions from mathematicians of all kinds and in all places, and also from scientists, historians, anthropologists, and others.
- M. Artigue, Les défis de l’enseignement des mathématiques dans la scolarité de base, Annexe 10, Paris: UNESCO, 2011.
- A. Azarang, The Persian Tarof in Mathematics, The Mathematical Intelligencer, 33(2011), No. 4, 1–2.
- D. Branzei, Notes on Geometry, Editura Paralela 45, Romania, 1999.
- Edward. J. Barbeau and Peter J. Taylor, Challenging Mathematics in and Beyond the Classroom: The 16th ICMI Study, Subsection 2.4.1, Springer, 2009.
- Alain J. Cain, Deux ex Machina, The Mathematical Intelligencer 32(2010), No. 3, 7–11.
- N. A. Court, College Geometry, Barnes & Noble, 1952.
- H. S. M. Coxeter, Introduction to Geometry, John Wiley, 1969.
- H. S. M. Coxeter, The Lehmus Inequality, Aequationes Mathematicae 28(1985), 1–12.
- D. Underwood, Mathematical Cranks, The MAA, Washington, D.C., 1992.
- O. Ghayour, Unforgettable Proofs (A Collection of Four Popular Talks in Farsi, by O. A. S. Karamzadeh), On the Occasion of 35th Annual Iranian Mathematics Conference Held at Chamran University, published by Chamran University, 2004.
- O. A. S. Karamzadeh, One-Line Proof of the AM-GM Inequality, The Mathematical Intelligencer 33(2011), No. 2, 3.
- Nicholas D. Kazarinoff, Geometric Inequalities, MAA (1961).
- N. N. Konstantinov, J. B. Tabov, and P. J. Taylor, Birth of the Tournament of Towns, Mathematics Competitions, 4(1991), No. 2, 28–41.
- M. Lin, The AM-GM Inequality and CBS Inequality Are Equivalent, The Mathematical Intelligencer 34(2012), No. 2, 6.
- L. Maligranda, The AM-GM Inequality is Equivalent to the Bernoulli Inequality, The Mathematical Intelligencer, 34(2012), No. 1, 1–2.
- E. Momtahan, Incredible Results in Mathematics (A Collection of Some Popular Talks in Farsi, by O. A. S. Karamzadeh), On the Occasion of the World Mathematics Year (2000), published by Chamran University, 2000.
- P. Nahin, When Least Is Best, Princeton University Press (paperback printing 2007).
- A. Padoa, Una Question di Minimo, Periodico di Mathematiche, 4 (1925), 80–85.
- M. Senechal, The Continuing Silence of Bourbaki – An interview with Pierre Carter, The Mathematical Intelligencer 20(1) (1998), 22–28.
- The Mathematics of Mathematics Houses (The Snaky Connection)
The Mathematical Intelligencer
Volume 34, Issue 4 , pp 46-52
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Shahid Chamran University, Ahvaz, Iran