Biomedical imaging archive network
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Nothing tends so much to the advancement of knowledge as the application of a new instrument.Sir Humphrey Davy, Royal Society (1778–1829)
Rapid innovation in the field of biomedical imaging raises a serious challenge. The most recent generation of imaging tools creates breathtaking visuals, but in many applications the medical community’s lack of access to image data from clinical studies impedes integration of these advances into routine medical practice. During the past two decades, the field of molecular biology confronted similar evolutionary pressure with the introduction of comparable breakthroughs in quantitative technologies. Despite early resistance by many investigators, electronic access to primary source data via large open-access databases has dramatically accelerated scientific progress in molecular biology. Open access to this data also aided the integration of these new quantitative molecular analysis techniques into clinical practice. In addition, these data ...
- The World Wide Protein Data Bank. Available at: http://www.wwpdb.org/. Accessed 3 January 2007.
- Genbank at The National Center for Biotechnology Information. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Genbank/. Accessed 3 January 2007.
- Vannier, MW, Summers, RM (2003) Sharing images. Radiology 228: pp. 23-25 CrossRef
- Centers for disease control and prevention. Targeting arthritis reducing disabilities for 16 million Americans 2006. Centers for disease control and prevention. 2006; http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/publications/aag/pdf/aag_arthritis2006.pdf.
- Kurtz SM, Lau E, Ong KL, Mowat FS, Halpern M. The future revision burden in the United States: National projections from 2005 to 2030. Transactions of the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society 2006;31: 1576.
- Archibeck, MJ, Jacobs, JJ, Roebuck, KA, Glant, TT (2000) The basic science of periprosthetic osteolysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am 82: pp. 1478-1489
- National Institute for Standards and Technology, http://physics.nist.gov/Divisions/Div846/Gp2/gp2.html. Accessed 4 January 2007.
- Biomedical imaging archive network
Volume 36, Issue 9 , pp 799-801
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors