September 2009, Volume 52, Issue 9, pp 1971-1973,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 16 Jul 2009
Similar risk of malignancy with insulin glargine and neutral protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes: findings from a 5 year randomised, open-label study
- Rosenstock, J, Fonseca, V, McGill, JB (2009) Similar progression of diabetic retinopathy with insulin glargine and neutral protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes: a long-term, randomised, open-label study. Diabetologia.
- Currie, CJ, Poole, CD, Gale, EAM (2009) The influence of glucose-lowering therapies on cancer risk in type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia.
- Hemkens, LG, Grouven, U, Bender, R (2009) Risk of malignancies in patients with diabetes treated with human insulin or insulin analogues: a cohort study. Diabetologia.
- Colhoun, HM (2009) Use of insulin glargine and cancer incidence in Scotland: a study from the Scottish Diabetes Research Network Epidemiology Group. Diabetologia.
- Jonasson JM, Ljung R, Talbäck M, Haglund B, Gudbjörnsdòttir S, Steineck G (2009) Insulin glargine use and short-term incidence of malignancies—a population-based follow-up study in Sweden. doi:10.1007/s00125-009-1444-2
- MedDRA—the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities (2009) Available from www.meddramsso.com/MSSOWeb/index.htm, accessed 25 June 2009
- ClinicalStudyResults.org (2009) Available from www.clinicalstudyresults.org/, accessed 25 June 2009
- Similar risk of malignancy with insulin glargine and neutral protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes: findings from a 5 year randomised, open-label study
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Volume 52, Issue 9 , pp 1971-1973
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Insulin analogues
- Insulin glargine
- Insulin therapy
- NPH insulin
- Type 2 diabetes
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA
- 2. Dallas Diabetes and Endocrine Center at Medical City, 7777 Forest Lane C-685, Dallas, TX, 75230, USA
- 3. Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
- 4. Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
- 5. Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
- 6. Université de Montréal, Montréal, QC, Canada
- 7. University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
- 8. sanofi-aventis, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
- 9. University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA