Uniformly accelerated observer in Moyal spacetime
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In Minkowski space, an accelerated reference frame may be defined as one that is related to an inertial frame by a sequence of instantaneous Lorentz transformations. Such an accelerated observer sees a causal horizon, and the quantum vacuum of the inertial observer appears thermal to the accelerated observer, also known as the Unruh effect. We argue that an accelerating frame may be similarly defined (i.e. as a sequence of instantaneous Lorentz transformations) in noncommutative Moyal spacetime, and discuss the twisted quantum field theory appropriate for such an accelerated observer. Our analysis shows that there are several new features in the case of noncommutative space-time: chiral massless fields in (1 + 1) dimensions have a qualitatively different behavior compared to massive fields. In addition, the vacuum of the inertial observer is no longer an equilibrium thermal state of the accelerating observer, and the Bose-Einstein distribution acquires θ-dependent corrections.
- S. Doplicher, K. Fredenhagen and J.E. Roberts, The Quantum structure of space-time at the Planck scale and quantum fields, Commun. Math. Phys. 172 (1995) 187 [hep-th/0303037] [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- D. Bahns, S. Doplicher, K. Fredenhagen and G. Piacitelli, Quantum Geometry on Quantum Spacetime: Distance, Area and Volume Operators, arXiv:1005.2130 [SPIRES].
- R.J. Hughes, Uniform acceleration and the quantum field theory vacuum, I, Annals Phys. 162 (1985) 1 [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- L.C.B. Crispino, A. Higuchi and G.E.A. Matsas, The Unruh effect and its applications, Rev. Mod. Phys. 80 (2008) 787 [arXiv:0710.5373] [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- P. Aschieri et al., A gravity theory on noncommutative spaces, Class. Quant. Grav. 22 (2005) 3511 [hep-th/0504183] [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- M. Chaichian, P.P. Kulish, K. Nishijima, A. Tureanu, On a Lorentz-invariant interpretation of noncommutative space-time and its implications on noncommutative QFT, Phys. Lett. B 604 (2004) 98 [hep-th/0408069] [SPIRES].
- J. Wess, Deformed coordinate spaces: Derivatives, lectures given at BW 2003 Workshop on Mathematical, Theoretical and Phenomenological Challenges Beyond the Standard Model: Perspectives of Balkans Collaboration, Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia, August 29–September 2 2003 hep-th/0408080 [SPIRES].
- A.P. Balachandran, G. Mangano, A. Pinzul and S. Vaidya, Spin and statistics on the Groenwald-Moyal plane: Pauli-forbidden levels and transitions, Int. J. Mod. Phys. A 21 (2006) 3111 [hep-th/0508002] [SPIRES].
- A.P. Balachandran, T.R. Govindarajan, G. Mangano, A. Pinzul, B.A. Qureshi and S. Vaidya, Statistics and UV-IR mixing with twisted Poincar´e invariance, Phys. Rev. D 75 (2007) 045009 [hep-th/0608179] [SPIRES].
- A.P. Balachandran, A. Pinzul and B.A. Qureshi, UV-IR Mixing in Non-Commutative Plane, Phys. Lett. B 634 (2006) 434 [hep-th/0508151] [SPIRES].
- S. Majid, Foundations of Quantum Group Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge U.K. (1995). CrossRef
- H. Grosse, On the construction of Möller operators for the nonlinear schrodinger equation, Phys. Lett. B 86 (1979) 267.
- A.B. Zamolodchikov and Al.B. Zamolodchikov, Factorized S-matrices in two dimensions as the exact solutions of certain relativistic quantum field theory models, Annals Phys. 120 (1979) 253. CrossRef
- L.D. Faddeev, Quantum completely integral models of field theory, Sov. Sci. Rev. C 1 (1980) 107 [SPIRES].
- S. Takagi, Vacuum Noise And Stress Induced By Uniform Accelerator: Hawking-Unruh Effect In Rindler Manifold Of Arbitrary Dimensions, Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. 88 (1986) 1 [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- H. Grosse and G. Lechner, Wedge-Local Quantum Fields and Noncommutative Minkowski Space, JHEP 11 (2007) 012 [arXiv:0706.3992] [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- S. Wienberg, The Quantum Theory of Fields, Volume I, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge U.K. (1995).
- J.J. Bisognano and E.H. Wichmann, On The Duality Condition For Quantum Fields, J. Math. Phys. 17 (1976) 303 [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- J.J. Bisognano and E.H. Wichmann, On The Duality Condition For A Hermitian Scalar Field, J. Math. Phys. 16 (1975) 985 [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- G.L. Sewell, Quantum fields on manifolds: PCT and gravitationally induced thermal states, Annals Phys. 141 (1982) 201 [SPIRES]. CrossRef
- S.A. Fulling and S.N.M. Ruijsenaars, Temperature, periodicity, and horizons, Phys. Rept. 152 (1987) 135. CrossRef
- U.H. Gerlach, Minkowski Bessel modes, Phys. Rev. D 38 (1988) 514 [gr-qc/9910097] [SPIRES].
- Uniformly accelerated observer in Moyal spacetime
Journal of High Energy Physics
- Online Date
- September 2010
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Non-Commutative Geometry
- Thermal Field Theory
- Space-Time Symmetries
- Industry Sectors