Maximal electric dipole moments of nuclei with enhanced Schiff moments
The electric dipole moments (EDMs) of heavy nuclei, such as 199Hg, 225Ra and 211Rn, can be enhanced by the Schiff moments induced by the presence of nearby parity-doublet states. Working within the framework of the maximally CP-violating and minimally flavour-violating (MCPMFV) version of the MSSM, we discuss the maximal values that such EDMs might attain, given the existing experimental constraints on the Thallium, neutron and Mercury EDMs. The maximal EDM values of the heavy nuclei are obtained with the help of a differential-geometrical approach proposed recently that enables the maxima of new CP-violating observables to be calculated exactly in the linear approximation. In the case of 225Ra, we find that its EDM may be as large as 6 to 50 × 10−27 e ∙ cm.
- Maximal electric dipole moments of nuclei with enhanced Schiff moments
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of High Energy Physics
- Online Date
- February 2011
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Supersymmetry Phenomenology
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Theory Division, CERN, CH-1211, Geneva 23, Switzerland
- 2. Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology Group, Department of Physics, King’s College London, London, WC2R 2LS, U.K.
- 3. Physics Division, National Center for Theoretical Sciences, Hsinchu, 300, Taiwan
- 4. School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, U.K.