Less wear and oil consumption through helical slide honing of engines by Deutz
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Within the scope of continuous development for the Deutz 2012 engines (4 l and 6 l engines) and Tier 3 emissions standards, new developments are required with regard to achieving a new maximum power requirement of 178 kW at 2100 rpm and a higher EGR rate via cooled exhaust gas recirculation. Without implementing engine design changes, the new Tier III constraints are expected to lead to higher wear in the cylinder unit (cylinder bore, piston, piston rings). Together with Deutz, Nagel found a solution for the expected cylinder unit wear on the existing engine, which not only eliminates the potential future wear problem, but also contributes to the important economic considerations of oil consumption and maintenance intervals.
- Esser, J.; Linde, R.; Münchow, F.: Diamantbewehrte Laufschicht für Kompressionsringe. In: MTZ 2004 Nr. 7/8
- Schmid, J.: Optimiertes Honverfahren für Gusseisen-Laufflächen. VDI-Berichte Nr. 1906 (2006)
- Less wear and oil consumption through helical slide honing of engines by Deutz
Volume 70, Issue 4 , pp 46-51
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- Springer Automotive Media
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors