Combustion of the alternative marine diesel fuel LCO in large diesel engines
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Large diesel engines represent the heart of the ships, which transport worldwide about 80 % of the goods over the sea route these days. Regimentations of the IMO are planning drastic reductions of nitrogen oxide and sulfur oxide emission limitations from marine diesel engines. At the Laboratory of Engine and Combustion (ECO) of the Kyushu University in Fukuoka (Japan), experiments were carried out on a medium size, single cylinder, diesel engine with two-stroke technology in order to investigate the use of Light Cycle Oil (LCO) in large diesel engines with new combustion processes.
- Kawakami, M. (2008) Seminar on Residual Fuel Combustion Performance.
- Kawakami, M. (2007) Marintec China. CIMAC Circle, Shanghai, China.
- Serinyel, Z., Le Moyne, L., Guibert, P. (2007) Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition as an Alternative Combustion Mode for the Future of Internal Combustion Engines. MTZ worldwide 44: pp. 20-40
- Sakai, A., Takeyama, H., Ogawa, H., Miyamoto, N. (2005) Improvements in Premixed Charge Compression Ignition Combustion and Emissions with Lower Distillation Temperature Fuels. MTZ worldwide 6: pp. 433-442
- Khosla, D. K., Gupta, S. K., Saraf, D. N. (2007) Multi-objective Optimization of Fuel Oil Blending Using the Jumping Gene Adaptation of Genetic Algorithm. MTZ worldwide 88: pp. 51-63
- Xu, G., Ikegami, M., Honma, S., Sasaki, M., Ikeda, K., Nagaishi, H., Takeshita, Y. I. (2003) Fuel.
- Shimazaki, N., Minato, A., Nishimura, T. (2007) Premixed Diesel Combustion Using Direct Injection Near Top Dead Centre. MTZ worldwide 8: pp. 259-270
- Kim, D. S., Kim, M. Y., Lee, C. S. I. (2007) Combustion Science and Technology.
- Kook, S., Bae, C., Kim, J. I. (2007) Int. J. Engine Res..
- Su, W., Zhang, X., Lin, T., Pei, Y., Zhoa, H. I. (2006) Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, ASME.
- Tajima, H. (2008) Seminar on Residual Fuel Combustion Performance. Japan Internal Combustion Engine Federation, Tokyo, Japan.
- Sakai, A., Takeyama, H., Ogawa, H., Miyamoto, N. I. (2005) International Journal of Engine Research.
- Combustion of the alternative marine diesel fuel LCO in large diesel engines
Volume 69, Issue 11 , pp 54-59
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- Springer Automotive Media
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors