Beyond caricature: Exploring theories of educational policy production and implementation
- T. C. Gale
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Allen, J. (1990) Does feminism need a theory of The State?’, in S. Watson (ed)Playing the State. Australian feminist interventions, Allen and Unwin, Sydney.
- Ball, S. (1990)Politics and Policy Making in Education: Explorations in Policy Sociology, Routledge, London.
- Ball, S. (1993) What is Policy? Texts, Trajectories and Toolboxes,Discourse, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 10–17. CrossRef
- Bowe, R. & Ball, S. with Gold, A. (1992)Reforming Education and Changing Schools: Case Studies in Policy Sociology, Routledge, London.
- Dale, R. (1989),The State and Education Policy, Open University Press, Milton Keynes.
- Dale, R. (1992), Whither the State and Education Policy? Recent Work in Australia and New Zealand,British Journal of Sociology of Education, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 387–395. CrossRef
- Dale, R. & Ozga, J. (1991)Understanding Education Policy: Principles and Perspectives, Open University Press, Milton Keynes.
- Dale, R. & Ozga, J. (1993) Two Hemispheres — Both New Right? 1980s Education Reform in New Zealand and England and Wales, in R. Lingard, J. Knight & P. Porter (eds.),Schooling Reform in Hard Times, Falmer Press, London, pp. 63–87.
- Evans, J., Davies, B. & Penny, D. (1994) Whatever Happened to the Subject and the State in Policy Research in Education?,Discourse, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 57–64. CrossRef
- Franzway, S., Court, D. & Connell, R. (1989),Staking a Claim: Feminism, Bureaucracy and the State, Allen & Unwin, Sydney.
- Giddens, A. (1981) Agency, Institution and Time-Space Analysis, in K. Knorr-Certina & A. Cicourel (eds.),Advances in Social Theory and Methodology: Toward an Integration of Micro and Macro Sociologies, Routledge & Kegan Paul, London.
- Grace, G. (1989) Education Policy Studies: Developments in Britain in the 1970s and 1980s,New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 87–95.
- Hatcher, R. & Troyna, B. (1994) The Policy Cycle’: A Ball by Ball Account,Journal of Education Policy, vol. 9, no. 2.
- Henry, M. (1993) What is Policy? A Response to Stephen Ball,Discourse, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 102–105. CrossRef
- Hinkson, J. (1991)Postmodernity: State and Education, Deakin University Press, Geelong.
- Kenway, J (1992) Feminist Theories of the State: To Be or Not to Be?, in M. Muetzelfeldt (ed.),Society, State & Politics, Pluto, pp. 108–145
- Jessop, B. (1990)State Theory: Putting Capitalist States in their Places, Pennsylvania State University Press, Philadelphia.
- Lingard, R. (1991), Policy-making for Australian Schooling: The New Corporate Federalism,Journal of Education Policy, vol. 6, pp. 85–90. CrossRef
- Lingard, R. (1993) The Changing State of Policy Production in Education: Some Australian Reflections on the State of Policy Sociology,International Studies in Sociology of Education, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 25–47. CrossRef
- Lingard, R., Knight, J. & Porter, P. (eds.) (1993)Schooling Reform in Hard Times, Falmer Press, London.
- Offe, C. (1984)Contradictions of the Welfare State, Hutchinson, London.
- Offe, C. (1985)Disorganised Capitalism: Contemporary Transformations of Work and Politics, Polity Press, Oxford.
- Ozga, J. (1987) Studying Education Policy through the Lives of the Policymakers: An Attempt to Close the Macro-micro Gap, in S. Walker & L. Barton (eds.),Changing Policies, Changing Teachers: New Directions for Schooling?, Open University Press, Milton Keynes, pp. 138–150.
- Ozga, J. (1990) Policy Research and Policy Theory: A Comment on Fitz and Halpin,Journal of Education Policy, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 359–62. CrossRef
- Payne, G., Dingwall, R., Payne, J. & Carter, M. (1981)Sociology and Social Research, Routledge & Kegan Paul, London.
- Smith, D. (1987)The Everyday World as Problematic: A Feminist Sociology, Northeastern University Press, Boston.
- Troyna, B. (1994) Critical Social Research and Education Policy,British Journal of Educational Studies, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 70–84. CrossRef
- Walzer, M. (1983)Spheres of Justice, Blackwell, Oxford.
- Williams, R. (1962)The Long Revolution, Penguin, Harmondsworth.
- Wright, E. (1979)Class, Crisis and the State, New Left Books, London.
- Gunew, S. & Yeatman, A. (eds) (1993) Community and Politics of Difference,Feminism and the politics of difference, Allen and Unwin, St. Leonards, NSW.
- Beyond caricature: Exploring theories of educational policy production and implementation
The Australian Educational Researcher
Volume 21, Issue 2 , pp 1-12
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- T. C. Gale (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Central Queensland University, Australia