Utility of dual X-ray absorptiometry and single X-ray absorptiometry as diagnostic tools for involutional osteoporosis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Consensus development conferences. Consensus statement of the World Congress on Osteoporosis. Who are candidates for prevention and treatment for osteoporosis? Amsterdam, Holland, 1996.
- Genant HK, Engelke K, Fuerst T, et al. Noninvasive assessment of bone mineral and structure: state of the art. J Bone Miner Res 1996;11:707–30. CrossRef
- Miller PD, Bonnick SL, Rosen CJ. Consensus of an international panel on the clinical utility of bone mass measurements in the detection of low bone mass in the adult population. Calcif Tissue Int 1996;58:207–14.
- Mazess RB. Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry for the manage-ment of bone disease. Phys Med Rehabil Clin North Am 1995;6:507–37.
- Kin K, Kushida K, Yamazaki K, et al. Bone mineral density of the spine in normal Japanese subjects using dual energy X-ray absorptiometry. Calcif Tissue Int 1991;49:101–6. CrossRef
- Okamoto S, Kushida K, Yamazaki K, et al. Bone mineral density of the spine in normal Japanese subjects (2nd report) [in Japanese]. J Bone Miner Metab 1993;11:181–5.
- Ohmura A, Kushida K, Yamazaki K, et al. Bone mineral density and body composition in Japanese women. Calcif Tissue Int 1997;in press.
- Yu W, Gluer CC, Fuerst T, et al. Influence of degenerative joint disease on spine bone mineral measurements in postmenopausal women. Calcif Tissue Int 1995;57:169–74. CrossRef
- von der Recke P, Hansen MA, Overgaard K, Christiansen C. The impact of degenerative conditions in the spine on bone mineral density and fracture risk prediction. Osteoporos Int 1996;6:43–9. CrossRef
- Kroger H, Huopio J, Honkanen R, et al. Prediction of fracture risk using axial bone mineral density in a perimenopausal population: a prospective study. J Bone Miner Res 1995;10:302–6. CrossRef
- Cummings SR, Black D. Bone mass measurements and risk of fractures in Caucasian women: a review of findings from prospective studies. Am J Med 1995;98:S 24–8. CrossRef
- Kanis JA, Melton LJ, Christiansen C, Johnston CC, Khaltaev N. Perspective: the diagnosis of osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 1994;9:1137–41. CrossRef
- Report of a WHO study group. Assessment of fracture risk and its application to screening for postmenopausal osteoporosis. WHO technical report series 843. Geneva: WHO, 1994.
- Orimo H, Sugioka Y, Gorai I, et al. Diagnostic criteria of primary osteoporosis [in Japanese]. J Bone Miner Metab 1995;13:113–8.
- Fukunaga H. Cut off values for diagnosis of osteoporosis in bone densitometry [in Japanese]. J Bone Miner Metab 1996;14:101–3.
- Utility of dual X-ray absorptiometry and single X-ray absorptiometry as diagnostic tools for involutional osteoporosis
Volume 7, Issue 3 Supplement, pp 117-119
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors