The emission spectrum of bismuth bromide (BiBr)—“A” system
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The emission spectrum of bismuth monobromide has been investigated and a vibrational analysis of the A→X system has been made. About 286 bands were recorded in the region λλ 4595–6063 and the isotope effect due to Br79 and Br81 was observed in about 87 bands. A value of 2·74 ev. for the dissociation energy of the excited state has been obtained and arguments have been given to show that the dissociation products in the excited state are Bi(4S3/2) and Br(2P3/2) and that those of the ground state are most probably Bi (4S3/2) and Br (2P1/2) atoms.
- Coulson, C. A. ..Valence, Oxford at the Clarendon Press, 1959.
- Gaydon, A. G...Dissociation Energies and Spectra of Diatomic Molecules, Chapman and Hall Ltd., London, 1947.
- Herzberg, G...Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure (1 Spectra of Diatomic Molecules), D. van Nostrand Co., Inc., N.Y., 1950.
- Howell, H. G. and Rochester, G. D.Univ. Durham. Phil. Soc. Proc., 1934,9, 126.
- Howell, H. G...Proc. Roy. Soc. Lond., 1936,155 A, 141.
- Joshi, K. C...Proc. Phys. Soc. Lond., 1961,78, 610. CrossRef
- Khanna, B. N...Journ. Mol. Spectroscopy, 1961,6, 319. CrossRef
- Morgan, F...Phys. Rev., 1936,49, 47. CrossRef
- Mulliken, R. S...Rev. Mod. Phys., 1932,4, 1. CrossRef
- Prasada Rao, T. A. and Rao, P. T.Ind. Journ. Phys., 1962,36, 85.
- Rao, P. T... Ibid., 1949,23, 379.
- Ray, S. K... Ibid., 1942,16, 35.
- Rochester, G. D...Proc. Phys. Soc. Lond., 1961,78, 614. CrossRef
- Saper, P. G...Phys. Rev., 1931,37, 1710.
- Sur, P. K...Proc. Natl. Inst. Sci. Ind., 1950,19, 16.
- —— and Majumdar, K... Ibid., 1954,20, 235.
- Venkateswarlu, P. and Khanna, B. N.Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1960,51, 14.
- The emission spectrum of bismuth bromide (BiBr)—“A” system
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 56, Issue 4 , pp 171-187
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links