Trace element nutrition of the silkwormBombyx mori L.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Trace elements zinc, copper, manganese, molybdenum and cobalt have been shown to have varying effects on growth and trace element composition of the silkworm. Results indicate the important role of manganese in the normal metabolism of the insect. Cobalt has been shown to exert a very favourable effect on growth and silk yield.
- Adiga, P. R., Sivarama Sastry, K., Venkatasubramanyam, V. and Sarma, P. S. “Interrelationships in trace element metabolism in metal toxicities inCorcyra cephalonica,”Proc. Soc. Exptl. Biol. Med., 1962,109, 151–53.
- Akutsu, I... “Manganese content in the silkworm eggs, pupae, mulberry leaves and silk fibroin,”Res. Rep. Eng. Text. Seric. (Shinshu Univ.), 1954,4, 85–86.
- —————.. “Zinc content of silkworm eggs, pupae, mulberry leaves and silk fibroin,” Ibid., 1955,5, 142–43.
- —————.. “Iron content of silkworm eggs, pupae, mulberry leaves and silk fibroin,” Ibid., 1956,6, 153–55.
- Arnaudo, M... “Effect of cobalt on the life-cycle of the silkworm,”Atti. Soc. Ital. Sci. Vet., 1954,8, 279–82.
- Arsenev, A. F... “Calcium in silk formation,”Trudy Moskov Vet. Akad., 1957, 1957,21, 204–14.
- Clark, A. J... “Cobalt determination in soils and rocks with 2-nitroso-1-naphthol,”Anal. Chem., 1958,30, 1153–56. CrossRef
- Cotzias, G. C... “Metabolic relations of manganese to other minerals,”Fed. Proc., 1960,19, 655–58.
- Flaschka, H. A...EDTA Titrations, 1959, Pergamon Press, London.
- Hewitt, E. J... “Relation of manganese and some other metals to the iron status of plants,”Nature, 1948,161, 489–90. CrossRef
- Iwanari, Y... “Copper in the silkwormBombyx mori—I,”J. Seric. Sci. Jap., 1955,24, 359–63.
- —————.. “Copper in the silkwormBombyx mori—IV,”Nippon Sanshigaku Zasshi, 1958,27, 413–14.
- Kichina, M. M... “Effect of cobalt on some protein indexes and on lipid metabolism in rabbits,”Trudy Moskov Vet. Akad., 1960,30, 169–70.
- Miller, R. F. and Engel, R. W. “Interrelations of copper, molybdenum and sulfate sulfur in nutrition,”Fed. Proc., 1960,19, 666–71.
- Owen, E. C... “Biochemical aspects ofdiseases of livestock with particular reference to enzyme systems,”Veterinary Record, 1957,71, 1114–27.
- —————.. “Biochemical function of some of the minor elements,”Proc. Nutr. Soc., 1960,19, 154–62. CrossRef
- Robinson, H. W. and Hogden, C. G. “The biuret reaction in the determination of serum proteins,”J. Biol. Chem., 1940,135, 707–25.
- Scaria, K. S. and Zutshi, D. N. “A simplified procedure for the titrimetric determination of lipase activity in biological samples,”Naturwiss., 1962,49, 132. CrossRef
- Sandell, E. B...Colorimetric Determination of Traces of Metals, Interset. Pub. Inc., N.Y, 1944.
- Sivarama Sastry, K., Radhakrishnamurthy, R. and Sarma, P. S. “Studies on zinc toxicity in the larvae of rice mothCorcyra cephalonica,”Biochem. J., 1958,69, 425–28.
- -- Adiga, P. R., Venkatasubramanyam, V. and Sarma, P. S. “Metabolic interrelationships of Cobalt, Nickel and Zinc in metal toxixity studies withN. crassa, A. niger andCorcyra cephalonica,” Paper presented at the V Intern. Congress on Nutrition, Washington, D.C., 1960.
- Snell, F. D. and Snell, C. T...Colorimetric Methods of Analysis, Van Nostrand Co., Inc., N.Y., 1959,2.
- Sridhara, S. and Bhat, J. V... “Alkaline and Acid Phosphatases of the silkwormB. mori L.,”J. Insect. Physiol., 1963,9, 693–701. CrossRef
- Underwood, E. J...Trace Elements in Human and Animal Nutrition, Academic Press, N.Y., 1956.
- Trace element nutrition of the silkwormBombyx mori L.
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section B
Volume 63, Issue 1 , pp 9-16
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links