Effect of impulsive change of wall velocity and wall temperature in viscous heat-conducting gas
- B. C. Pandey
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A study of compression waves produced in a viscous heat-conducting gas by the impulsive start of a one-dimensional piston and by the inpulsive change of piston wall temperature is made using Laplace Transform Technique for Prandt1 number unity. Expressions for velocity, temperature and density have also been obtained using small-time expansion procedure in this case. For arbitrary Prandt1 number solutions have been developed using large-time expansion procedure. A number of graphs exhibiting the distribution of the fluid velocity, temperature and density have been drawn.
- Bhatnagar, P. L. and Ramkumar “Propagation of small disturbances in viscous and electrically conducting liquids in the presence of magnetic fields,”Indian Journal of Mathematics, 1964,6 (1), 1–19.
- Burgers, J. M... “A mathematical model illustrating the theory of turbulence,”Adv. App. Mech., Academic Press, N.Y., 1948,1, 171–201. CrossRef
- Hayes, W. D. .. “Gas dynamic discontinuities,”Princeton Aeronautical Paper backs, 1960.
- Lighthill, M. J. ..Viscocity Effects in Sound Waves of Finite Amplitude Surveys in Mechanics (Eds. Batchelor and Davies),” Camb. Univ. Press, 1956.
- Lagerstrom, P. A., Gole, J. D. and Trilliug, L. “Problems in theory of viscous compressible fluids,”Calif. Inst. Teeh. Galcit Rep., 1949.
- Moran, J. P. and Shen, S. F. “On the formation of weak plane shock waves by impulsive motion of a piston,”J. Fluid Mech., 1966,25, pt. 4, 705–718. CrossRef
- Effect of impulsive change of wall velocity and wall temperature in viscous heat-conducting gas
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 72, Issue 3 , pp 121-133
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- B. C. Pandey (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Applied Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-12, India