Gas amplification in proportional counters
- S. Ramakrishna
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The variation of gas amplification with applied voltage is an important characteristic of a proportional counter. Results of studies on gas amplification for gas fillings of argon quenched with ethane and carbon dioxide are given. The effects of (a) pressure, (b) quenching agent and (c) concentration on A are discussed briefly.
- Colli, L., Facchini, U. (1952) Physica 18: pp. 1272-1272
- Curran, S. C. and Craggs, J. D.Counting Tubes, Butterworths, 1949.
- Elmore and Sands ..Electronics—Experimental Techniques, McGraw-Hill, 1949.
- Korff, S. A., Present, R. D. (1944) Phys. Rev. 65: pp. 274-274 CrossRef
- Massey, H. S. W. (1930) Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc. 26: pp. 386-386 CrossRef
- Rose, M. E., Korff, S. A. (1941) Phys. Rev. 59: pp. 850-850 CrossRef
- Rossi, B. and Staub, H. ..Ionisation Chambers and Counters, McGraw-Hill, 1948.
- Trost, A. (1937) Zeits. f. Phys. 105: pp. 399-399 CrossRef
- Venkatasubramanian, V. S. (1957) Jour. Ind. Inst. Sci. 39: pp. 125-125
- Gas amplification in proportional counters
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 51, Issue 2 , pp 117-122
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- S. Ramakrishna (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-12