Gas amplification in proportional counters
- S. Ramakrishna
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The variation of gas amplification with applied voltage is an important characteristic of a proportional counter. Results of studies on gas amplification for gas fillings of argon quenched with ethane and carbon dioxide are given. The effects of (a) pressure, (b) quenching agent and (c) concentration on A are discussed briefly.
- Colli, L. and Facchini, U...Physica, 1952,18, 1272.
- Curran, S. C. and Craggs, J. D.Counting Tubes, Butterworths, 1949.
- Elmore and Sands ..Electronics—Experimental Techniques, McGraw-Hill, 1949.
- Korff, S. A. and Present, R. D.Phys. Rev., 1944,65, 274. CrossRef
- Massey, H. S. W...Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc., 1930,26, 386. CrossRef
- Rose, M. E. and Korff, S. A.Phys. Rev., 1941,59, 850. CrossRef
- Rossi, B. and Staub, H. ..Ionisation Chambers and Counters, McGraw-Hill, 1948.
- Trost, A...Zeits. f. Phys., 1937,105, 399. CrossRef
- Venkatasubramanian, V. S.Jour. Ind. Inst. Sci., 1957,39, 125.
- Gas amplification in proportional counters
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 51, Issue 2 , pp 117-122
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- S. Ramakrishna (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-12