Reactions with disulphur monoxide solutions obtained by the reduction of cupric oxide by elemental sulphur
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
When the products of reaction between elemental sulphur and copper oxide at elevated temperature in vacuum are bubbled through chilled inert organic solvents like carbontetrachloride, orange-yellow solutions were obtained indicating the presence of lower oxide of sulphur. This lower oxide has been found to be disulphur monoxide as shown by three different types of reactions; (1) Mercury decomposition, (2) Reaction with hydrogen iodide and hydrolytic reaction in an alkaline homogeneous medium.
- Vasudeva Murthy, A. R...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci. 1952,36, 388.
- Rao, B. S... Ibid., 1939,10, 491.
- Vasudeva Murthy, A. R... Ibid., 1952,36, 425.
- —————..Nature, 1962,193, 773. CrossRef
- Satyanarayana, S. R. and Vasudeva Murthy, A. R.Z. anorg. alegem. chem., 1963 (in press).
- Ramachandran Nair, C. G. and Vasudeva Murthy, A. R.Can. Journ. Chem., 1963,41, 898. CrossRef
- Kurtenacker, A. and Goldbach..Z. anorg. Chem., 1927,166, 177. CrossRef
- Ramachandran Nair, C. G. and Vasudeva Murthy, A. R.Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1962,55, 168.
- —————..Z. Anorg. alegem. Chem., 1962,318, 155. CrossRef
- —————..Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1962,56 A, 130.
- Reactions with disulphur monoxide solutions obtained by the reduction of cupric oxide by elemental sulphur
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 59, Issue 4 , pp 263-267
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors