Studies in the polarography of metal-amino acid complexes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
1. The polarographic behaviour of glycine,α-alanine,β-alanine, valine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid and asparagine complexes of lead has been studied at various pH values and in presence of (1) NaOH, (2) Na2CO3 and (3) NH4 NO3+NH4OH. All the polarographic waves have been found to be reversible.
2. Experiments conducted on the effect of variation of pH,i.e., 7
3. Only pure complexes are produced below pH 11·2 in the case of aspartic acid, glutamic acid and glycine, while mono hydroxy complexes are produced inα-alanine, valine and asparagine systems.
4. It has been found that no mixed hydroxy and mixed ammonia complexes are produced in presence of sodium hydroxide and ammonia-ammonium nitrate, respectively. However evidence is obtained for the formation of mixed carbonate complexes in glycine and aspartic acid systems in presence of sodium carbonate.
5. Thermodynamic data have been calculated from polarographic measurements for 18 complexes.
6. The suitability of incorporating amino acids in base solutions for the polarographic estimation of lead has been tested.
- McKenzie, H. A. and Mellor, D. P.Aust. J. Chem., 1961,14, 562.
- Bapna, T. and Karmalkar, H.J. Vikram Univ., 1957,3, 101.
- Nageswara Rao, G. and Subrahmanya, R. S.J. Sci. industr. res., 1962,21 B, 193.
- —————..Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1964,60 A, 165.
- Laitinen, H. A., Onstott, E., Bailar, J. C. (Jr.) and Swann, S.J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 1950,72, 2484. CrossRef
- Subrahmanya, R. S...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1956,43 A, 383.
- —————.. Ibid., 1957,46 A, 433.
- Tsai-Teh and Teh Liang ChangAnal. Chem., 1961,33, 1953. CrossRef
- Keefer, R. M. and Reiber, H. G.J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 1941,63, 689. CrossRef
- Studies in the polarography of metal-amino acid complexes
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 60, Issue 3 , pp 185-200
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links