Radionuclide cisternography in intracranial hypotension syndrome
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A 44-year-old male patient complaining of severe headache right after twisting his body during aerobic exercises in a swimming pool underwent In-111 DTPA radionuclide cisternography. Leakage of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) was proved on the right side of T2 and T3 vertebrae. Cisternography after bed and conservative treatments demonstrated the disappearance of abnormal tracer accumulations. Radionuclide cisternography is of great value in diagnosing cerebral-spinal fluid leak and in evaluating the therapeutic effect.
- Gibson BE, Wedel DJ, Faust RJ, Peter RC. Continuous epidural saline infusion for the treatment of low CSF pressure headache.Anesthesiology 1988; 68: 789–791. CrossRef
- Rupp SM, Wison CB. Treatment of spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak with epidural blood patch. Case report.J Neurosurg 1989; 70: 808–810.
- Rando TA, Fishman RA. Spontaneous intracranial hypotension: report of two cases and review of the literature.Neurology 1992; 42: 481–487.
- Schievink WI, Reimer R, Folger WN. Surgical treatment of spontaneous intracranial hypotension associated with a spinal arachnoid diverticulum. Case report.Neurosurg 1994; 80: 736–739. CrossRef
- Horton JC, Fishman RA. Neurovisual findings in the syndrome of spontaneous intracranial hypotension from dural cerebrospinal fluid leak.Ophthalmology 1994; 101: 244–251.
- Senda K, Imaeda T. Comparative study of quantitative and qualitative radioisotopic cisternography.Rinsho Hoshasen 1977; 22: 309–313.
- Ali SA, Cesani F, Zuckermann JA, Nusynowitz ML, Chaljub G. Spinal-cerebral fluid leak demonstrated by radiopharmaceutical cisternography.Clin Nucl Med 1998; 23: 152. CrossRef
- Khurana RK. Intracranial hypotension.Semin Neurol 1996; 16: 5–10. CrossRef
- Ashley DM, Coleman RE, Fuchs H, Dear G, Ginsberg B, Zalduondo FM, et al. Chronic CSF leak into the peritoneal cavity shown by radionuclide cisternography. Successful treatment with an epidural blood patch.Clin Nucl Med 1997; 22: 390–392. CrossRef
- Ihara M, Yanagihara C, Nishimura Y. A case of spontaneous intracranial hypotension successfully treated with an epidural blood patch.Rinsho Shinkeigaku 1998; 38: 838–842.
- Stone JA, Castillo M, Neelon B, Mukherji SY. Evaluation of CSF leaks: high resolution CT compared with contrast-enhanced CT and radionuclide cisternography.AJNR Am J 1999; 20: 706–712.
- Huang C, Chuang Y, Lee C, Lin T. Spontaneous spinal cerebrospinal fluid leak and intracranial hypotension.Clin Imaging 2000; 24: 270–272. CrossRef
- Benamor M, Tainturier C, Graveleau P, Pierot L. Radionuclide cisternography in spontaneous intracranial hypotension.Clin Nucl Med 1998; 23: 150–151. CrossRef
- Jeon TJ, Lee JD, Lee BI, Kim DI, Yoo HS. Radionuclide cisternography in spontaneous intracranial hypotension with simultaneous leaks at the cervicothoracic and lumber levels.Clin Nucl Med 2001; 26: 114–116. CrossRef
- Radionuclide cisternography in intracranial hypotension syndrome
Annals of Nuclear Medicine
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 75-78
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- radionuclide cisternography
- cerebrospinal fluid leak
- In-111 DTPA
- Industry Sectors