Tongue flap in oral submucous fibrosis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A perspective study of role of lateral tongue flap operation in cases with trismus due to oral submucous fibrosis has been carried out. This study includes pre and post-operative evaluation of 21 cases. The results of this procedure have been discussed. The findings of the present study can be summarised as follows :
In all 21 cases have been treated with follow-up of maximum 3 years and minimum 2 months.
Two types of lateral tongue flaps i.e. anteriorly based and posteriorly based are tried.
The relief of trisums in all cases was satisfactory.
No handicap in the form of restricted mobility of tongue or distortion of speech etc. was noted.
- Gupta D.S. ; Gupta M.K. and Golhar B.L. (1980), Oral submucous fibrosis—Clinical study and management by physiofibrinolysis.Journal of Indian Dental Association,52: 375–378.
- Joshi S.G. (1953), Submucous fibrosis of palate and pillars.Indian Journal of Otolaryngology,4: 1–4.
- Kakar P.K. (1985), Oral submucous fibrosis—Treatment with hyalase.The Journal of Laryngology and Otology,99: 57–59.
- Kumar, K. ; Shrivastva, G.M. ; Mathur, R.M. and Pradhan, R. The effect of collagenase on oral submucous fibrosis.Journal of Indian Dental Association,52 : 243–246.
- Mukherjee, A.L. and Biswas, S.K. (1972), Oral submucous fibrosis—A search for etiology.Indian Journal of Otolaryngology,24: 11–15.
- Pindborg, J.J. (1967), Oral epithelial changes in thirty Indians with oral cancer and submucous fibrosis.Cancer,20: 1141–1146. CrossRef
- Ramanjaneyulu, P. ; Prabhakar Rao, B.S. (1980), Submucous fibrosis-New treatment.Journal of Indian Dental Association,52: 379–80.
- Sirsat and Khanolkar (1960), Histological, Electron-microscopic and Enzyme study of submucous fibrosis of palate.Journal of Pathology and Bacteriology.79: 53–58. CrossRef
- Tepan, M.G. ; Saigal, G.S. and Tilak, S.B. (1986), Use of tongue flap in submucous palatal fibrosis.The Journal of Laryngology and Otology,100: 455–460.
- Tongue flap in oral submucous fibrosis
Indian Journal of Otolaryngology
Volume 41, Issue 3 , pp 104-107
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links