Barbara McClintock and the discovery of jumping genes
- Vidyanand Nanjundiah
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Barbara McClintock’s life shows us how important it is to nurture original and unconventional thinking in science if we are to get out of the rut of ordinariness. After a long period of relative neglect, she was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1983 for her work on genetic instability (transposition).
- Evelyn Fox Keller.A feeling for an organism, The life and work of Barbara McClintock. W H Freeman & Company. New York, 1983.
- Fedoroff N V. Transposable genetic elements in maize.Sci. Am. June, 1984.
- Barbara McClintock and the discovery of jumping genes
Volume 1, Issue 10 , pp 56-62
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Developmental Biology and Genetics Laboratory, Indian Institute of Science, 560012, Bangalore, India