A new polymer supported packing material as a substitute of hydroxylapatite: Purification of Topoisomerases
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Hydroxylapatite (HA), a form of calcium phosphate, finds extensive usages in the fractionation and purification of proteins, enzymes and nucleic acids. However, commercial HA preparations for liquid chromatography (LC) differ from many other LC packing materials in that the former is not polymer supported. We have now developed a substitute packing material which uses Fractosil 200 as the polymer support. Other polymer supports can also be similarly used. Being Fractosil 200 supported, this Hydroxylapatite Substitute (HAS) matrix can be employed for open column LC as well as for HPLC purposes. Although the exact chemical nature of HAS is different from the conventional HA, HAS mimicks the functions of the latter support. Due to the high’ binding capacity of HA many DNA binding proteins have been partially purified on this support. In the present work HAS has been successfully used in the partial purification of Topoisomerase I and II from wheat germ.
- A. Tiselius, S. Hjerten, O. Levin, Arch. Biochem. Biophys.,65, 132 (1956). CrossRef
- G. Bernardi, Nature,206, 779 (1965). CrossRef
- H. G. Martinson, Biochemistry,12, 2731 & 2737 (1973). CrossRef
- G. Bernardi, in “Methods in Enzymology”,22, 325, Academic Press, New York (1971).
- U. Schomburg, F. Grosse, Eur. J. Biochem.160, 451 (1986). CrossRef
- S. Douc-Rasy, A. Kayser, J-F Riou, G. Riou, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA,83, 7152 (1986). CrossRef
- K. Majumder, Ph. D. Thesis, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (1987).
- For a review on phosphorylating conditions vide ref .
- W. S. Dynan, J. J. Jendrisal, D. A. Hager, R. R. Burgess, J. Biol. Chem.,256, 5860 (1961).
- D. J. H. Trafford, P. Ward, A. Ying Foo, H. L. J. Makin, J. Endocrinology,65, 44 (1975).
- E. J. Peck, J. H. Clark, Endocrinology,101, 1034 (1977). CrossRef
- R. E. Garola, W. L. McGuire, Cancer Research,37, 3329 (1977).
- J. N. Hansen, Anal. Biochem.76, 37 (1976). CrossRef
- B. Ziola, D. Scraba, Anal. Biochem.,72, 366 (1976). CrossRef
- F. H. Tabak, R. A. Flavell, Necleic Acids Res.5, 2321 (1978). CrossRef
- A new polymer supported packing material as a substitute of hydroxylapatite: Purification of Topoisomerases
Volume 24, Issue 1 , pp 400-402
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Liquid chromatography
- Hydroxylapatite substitute, HAS
- Protein purification
- Industry Sectors