A randomized comparison of single and multiple rubber band ligations
- Dr. Indru T. Khubachandani M.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
One hundred consecutive office patients with internal hemorrhoidal disease were treated by rubber band ligations. They were assigned randomly to one, two, or three ligations at one session. No statistically significant differences in morbidity or complications resulted from multiple ligations, as compared with one ligation. No serious complications were encountered in any of the treatment groups. These results confirm that multiple rubber band ligation is as safe and effective a procedure for managing internal hemorrhoidal disease as single ligations.
- Khubchandani IT, Trimpi HC, Sheets JA. Closed hemorrhoidectomy with local anesthesia. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1972;135:955–7.
- Blaisdell PC. Prevention of massive hemorrhage secondary to hemorrhoidectomy. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1958;106:485–8.
- Barron J. Office ligation of internal hemorrhoids. Am J Surg 1963;105:563–70. CrossRef
- Barron J. Office ligations treatment of hemorrhoids. Dis Colon Rectum 1963;6:109–13.
- Groves AR, Evans JC, Alexander-Williams J. Management of internal haemorrhoids by rubber band ligation. Br J Surg 1971;58:923–4.
- Steinberg DM, Liegois H, Alexander-Williams J. Long term review of results of rubber band ligation of haemorrhoids. Br J Surg 1975;62:144–6.
- Wrobleski DE, Corman M, Veidenheimer MC, Coller JA. Longterm evaluation of rubber ring ligation in hemorrhoidal disease. Dis Colon Rectum 1980;23:478–82.
- Keighley MRB, Buchman P, Minervini S, Arabi Y, Alexander-Williams J. Prospective trials of minor surgical procedures and high-fibre diet for haemorrhoids. Br Med Jr 1979;2:967–9.
- Murie JA, MacKenzie I, Sim AJW. Comparison of rubber band ligation and haemorrhoidectomy for second-and third-degree haemorrhoids: a prospective clinical trial. Br Jr Surg 1980; 67:786–8.
- Murie JA, Sim AJW, MacKenzie I. Rubber band ligation versus haemorrhoidectomy for prolapsing haemorrhoids: a long term prospective clinical trial. Br Jr Surg 1982;69:536–8.
- Lau WY, Chow HP, Poon GP, Wong SH. Rubber band ligation of three primary hemorrhoids in a single session. Dis Colon Rectum 1982;25:336–9.
- Salvati EP. Symposium: anorectal surgery—hemorrhoids. Dis Colon Rectum 1980;23:211–22.
- Shub HA. Hemorrhoidal banding (letter to the editor). Dis Colon Rectum 1981;24:411.
- O'Hara VS. Fatal clostridial infection following hemorrhoidal banding. Dis Colon Rectum 1980;23:570–1. CrossRef
- McGivney J. Hemorrhoidal banding (letter to the editor). Dis Colon Rectum 1981;24:577.
- A randomized comparison of single and multiple rubber band ligations
Diseases of the Colon & Rectum
Volume 26, Issue 11 , pp 705-708
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Hemorrhoids, internal
- Ligation, rubber hand
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Allentown Affiliated Hospitals, Allentown, Pennsylvania