Analytical solution of flow of second-order non-Newtonian fluids through annular pipes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper presents an analytical solution to the unsteady flow of the second-order non-Newtonian fluids by the use of intergral transformation method. Based on the numerical results, the effect of non-Newtonian coefficient Hc and other parameters on the flow are analysed. It is shown that the annular flow has a shorter characteristic time than the general pipe flow while the correspondent velocity, average velocity have a smaller value for a given Hc. Else, when radii ratio keeps unchanged, the shear stress of inner wall of annular flow will change with the inner radius compared with the general pipe flow and is always smaller than that of the outer wall.
- Wu Yue-qin, and Han Shi-fang, The study of unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids in tubes, Academy Sinica at Chengdu, B.S. Thesis (1988). (in Chinese)
- Han Fei-yu and Han Shi-fang,The study of unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids, Academy Sinica at Chengdu, B. S Thesis (1989). (in Chinese)
- Liu Ci-qun and Huang Jun-qi, Analytical solution to the unsteady flow of non-Newtonian fluids in tubes,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 10, 11, (1989).
- Cheng Men-fang,Mechanics of Non-Newtonian Fluids, Press of Science (1984). (in Chinese)
- Ozisik M. N.,Heat Transfer, Press of College Education (1984).
- Analytical solution of flow of second-order non-Newtonian fluids through annular pipes
Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
Volume 14, Issue 3 , pp 209-215
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- integral transformation
- shape factor
- non-Newtonian coefficient
- second-order fluids
- annular pipes
- Industry Sectors