Component wave delineation of ECG by filtering in the Fourier domain
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A complete solution to the fundamental problem of delineation of an ECG signal into its component waves by filtering the discrete Fourier transform of the signal is presented. The set of samples in a component wave is transformed into a complex sequence with a distinct frequency band. The filter characteristics are determined from the time signal itself. Multiplication of the transformed signal with a complex sinusoidal function allows the use of a bank of low-pass filters for the delineation of all component waves. Data from about 300 beats have been analysed and the results are highly satisfactory both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Dufault, R. A. andWilcox, A. C. (1986) Dual channel P wave detection in the surface ECG via the LMS algorithm. Proc. 8th Ann. IEEE EMBS Conf., 7th–10th Nov., Fort Worth, Texas, USA.
- Elliott, D. F. (1987)Handbook of digital signal processing. Engineering applications. Academic Press.
- Hegenveld, J. J. andvan Bemmel, J. H. (1976) Computer detection of P waves.Comput. Biomed. Res.,9, 125–132. CrossRef
- Jenkins, J., Wu, D. andArzbaecher, R. C. (1979) Computer diagnosis of supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias—a new esophageal technique.Circ.,60, 977–985.
- Lightenberg, A. andKunt, M. (1983) A robust digital QRS detection algorithm for arrhythmia monitoring.Comput. Biomed. Res.,16, 273–286. CrossRef
- Pahlm, O. andSörnmo, L. (1984) Software QRS detection in ambulatory monitoring—a review.Med. & Biol. Eng. & Comput.,22, 289–297. CrossRef
- Rabiner, L. R. andGold, B. (1975)Theory and applications of digital signal processing. Prentice-Hall Inc., 194–204.
- Thakor, N. V., Webster, J. G. andTompkins, W. J. (1983) Optimal QRS detector.Med. & Biol. & Comput.,21, 343–350.
- Component wave delineation of ECG by filtering in the Fourier domain
Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing
Volume 30, Issue 2 , pp 169-176
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Component wave delineation
- Discrete cosine transform
- ECG analysis
- Fourier domain filtering
- Low-pass filter bank
- Industry Sectors