Social protection in transition countries: Emerging issues
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The authors wish to thank Trevor Alleyne, Benedict Clements, Elliott Harris, Insu Kim, Henri Lorie, Georgiy Markosov, Edgardo Ruggiero, Jerald Schiff, and Ludger Schuknecht for helpful comments. They are also thankful to Tarja Papavassiliou for computational assistance
- Ahmad, E., Chu, K. Russian Federation: Economic Reform and Policy Options for Social Protection. In: Tanzi, V. eds. (1993) Transition to Market. International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC
- Chu, K., Gupta, S. (1993) Protecting the Poor: Social Safety Nets During Transition. Finance and Development 13: pp. 24-27
- Chu, K-y, Gupta, S. Economic Reforms, Social Safety Nets, and the Budget and Transition Economies. In: Blejer, M.L., Ter-Minassian, T. eds. (1996) Fiscal Policy and Economic Reforms. Routledge, London
- Cornelius, P.K., Weder, B.S. (1996) Economic Transformation and Income Distribution: Some Evidence from the Baltic Countries. IMF Working Paper. International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC
- Cox D., Okrasa W. and E. Jimenez (1993), ‘Family Safety Nets During Economic Transition: A Case Study of Poland’, mimeograph, Boston College.
- Cox, D., Eser, Z., Jimenez, E. (1993) Family Safety Nets During Economic Transition: A Study of Inter-Household Transfers in Russia. The World Bank, Washington, DC
- Social Safety Nets for Economic Transition: Options and Recent Experience. Papers on Policy Analysis and Assessment. International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC
- Gupta, S., Hagemann, R. (1994) Social Protection During Russia's Economic Transformation. Finance and Development 31: pp. 14-17
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (1995), ‘World Population Projections’, Washington, DC.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (1995), ‘Social Indicators for Development’, Washington, DC.
- Social Security Reforms and Social Safety Nets. The World Bank, Washington, DC
- UNICEF (1995), ‘Poverty, Children and Policy: Responses for Bright Future’,Regional Monitoring Report, no. 3, New York.
- Social protection in transition countries: Emerging issues
MOST: Economic Policy in Transitional Economies
Volume 6, Issue 3 , pp 107-123
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links