Comparative phytotoxicity of nitrophenolic soil pollutants and their microbial metabolites to the growth of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) seedlings
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
2,4-Dinitrophenol and paranitrophenol are two major soil pollutants which are known to be metabolized by different soil microbes. Relative phytotoxicities of these parent compounds and their metabolic transformation products to the growth of cucumber seedlings were assessed. It was evident that such microbial transformations widely occurring in the soil are effective detoxification reactions and are beneficial for the plants.
- Ariens, E J (1976) Introduction to General Toxicology. Academic Press Inc., New York
- Barik, S (1978) Antonie van Leeuwenhoek J. Microbiol. Serol 44: pp. 171-176
- Beutner R and Block R 1943 Fed. Proc. 2, 74 p.
- Chase, C I (1967) Elementary Statistical Procedures. McGraw-Hill Book Co., N.Y.
- Girard, A (1924) Bull. Soc. Chim. De France 35: pp. 772-773
- Hartman, W W, Silloway, H L In: Horning, E C eds. (1955) Organic Syntheses. John Wiley and Sons, London, pp. 82-84
- Lehninger, A L (1975) Biochemistry. Worth Publishers Inc., New York, pp. 519-519
- Madhosingh, C (1961) Can. J. Microbiol. 7: pp. 553-567
- Munnecke, D M, Hsieh, D P H (1974) Appl. Microbiol. 28: pp. 212-217
- Munnecke, D M (1976) Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 32: pp. 7-13
- Plunkett, E R (1966) Handbook of Industrial Toxicology. Chemical Publishing Company, Inc., New York
- Raymond, D G M, Alexander, M (1971) Pest. Biochem. Physiol. 1: pp. 123-130 CrossRef
- Sethunathan, N, Yoshida, T (1972) Proc. Inst. Environ. Sci. N.Y. Meet. 18: pp. 255-257
- Siddaramappa, R (1973) Appl. Microbiol. 26: pp. 846-849
- Spain, J C (1979) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Com. 88: pp. 634-641
- Comparative phytotoxicity of nitrophenolic soil pollutants and their microbial metabolites to the growth of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) seedlings
Plant and Soil
Volume 69, Issue 3 , pp 467-471
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff/Dr. W. Junk Publishers
- Additional Links
- Cucumis sativus L.
- Soil pollutants
- Industry Sectors