Studies on tree legumes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Twenty five species of tree legumes, belonging to genera Acacia, Albizzia, Bauhinia, Colophospermum, Dichrostachys, Leucaena, Peltophorum, Pithecolobium and Prosopis were examined for nodulation under pot culture conditions using unsterilized soil. Out of these, only nineteen tree-legumes nodulated. It was interesting to note that all the three species of Bauhinia and one each of Acacia, Colophospermum and Peltophorum did not nodulate both at Jodhpur and Delhi. Inoculation of tree legumes with their own rhizobial isolates, improved nodulation under sterilized conditions.
- Basak, M. K. 1974 Studies on nodulation in tree legumes. M. Sc. Thesis, I.A.R.I. New Delhi.
- Basak, M. K. and Goyal, S. K. 1975 Studies on tree legumes 1. Nodulation pattern and characterization of the symbiont. Ann. Arid Zone14, 367.
- Hahn, N. J. 1966 The congo red reaction in bacteria and its usefulness in identification of rhizobia. Can. J. Microbiol.12, 725.
- Norris, D. O. 1971 Seed pelleting to improve nodulation of tropical and subtropical legumes 1. An examination of the validity of grow-out nodulation tests in tubes. Aust. J. Exp. Agric. Anim. Husb.11, 194.
- Vincent, J. M. 1970 A manual for the practical study of root nodule bacteria. I.B.P. Handb. No.15, Oxford-Edinburg, Blackwell.
- Studies on tree legumes
Plant and Soil
Volume 56, Issue 1 , pp 33-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Nodule bacteria
- Shelter belts
- Tree legumes
- Wind breaker
- Industry Sectors