Disjoint edges in geometric graphs
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Answering an old question in combinatorial geometry, we show that any configuration consisting of a setV ofn points in general position in the plane and a set of 6n − 5 closed straight line segments whose endpoints lie inV, contains three pairwise disjoint line segments.
- J. Akiyama and N. Alon, Disjoint simplices and geometric hypergraphs,Proc. 3rd New York Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, to appear.
- S. Avital and H. Hanani, Graphs,Gilyonot Lematematika 3(2) (1966), 2–8 (in Hebrew).
- P. Erdös, On sets of distances ofn points,Amer. Math. Monthly 53 (1946), 248–250.
- Y. S. Kupitz,Extremal Problems in Combinatorial Geometry, Aarhus University Lecture Notes Series, No. 53, Aarhus University, Denmark, 1979.
- M. A. Perles, Unpublished notes.
- Disjoint edges in geometric graphs
Discrete & Computational Geometry
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 287-290
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors