Disjoint edges in geometric graphs
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Answering an old question in combinatorial geometry, we show that any configuration consisting of a setV ofn points in general position in the plane and a set of 6n − 5 closed straight line segments whose endpoints lie inV, contains three pairwise disjoint line segments.
- J. Akiyama and N. Alon, Disjoint simplices and geometric hypergraphs,Proc. 3rd New York Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, to appear.
- Avital, S., Hanani, H. (1966) Graphs. Gilyonot Lematematika 3: pp. 2-8
- Erdös, P. (1946) On sets of distances ofn points. Amer. Math. Monthly 53: pp. 248-250
- Kupitz, Y. S. (1979) Extremal Problems in Combinatorial Geometry. Aarhus University, Denmark
- M. A. Perles, Unpublished notes.
- Disjoint edges in geometric graphs
Discrete & Computational Geometry
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 287-290
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors