Heat transfer in lattice BGK modeled fluid
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The thermal lattice BGK model is a recently suggested numerical tool aiming at solving problems of thermohydrodynamics. The quality of the lattice BGK simulation is checked in this paper by calculating temperature profiles in the Couette flow under different Eckert and Mach numbers. A revised lower order model is proposed to improve the accuracy and the higher order model is proved to be advantageous in this respect, especially in the flow regime with a higher Mach number.
- U. Frisch, B. Hassalacher, and Y. Pomeau, Lattice-gas automata for the Navier-Stokes equation,Phys. Rev. Lett. 56(14):1505–1508 (1986).
- G. McNamara and G. Zanetti, Use of the Boltzmann equation to simulate lattice-gas automata,Phys. Rev. Lett. 61(20):2332–2335 (1988).
- S. Chen, H. Chen, D. Martinez, and W. Matthaeus, Lattice Boltzmann model for simulation of Magnetohydrodynamics.Phys. Rev. Lett. 67(27):3776–3779 (1991).
- Y. H. Qian, D. d'Humières, and P. Lallemand, Lattice BGK models for Navier-Stokes equation,Europhys. Lett. 17(6):479–484 (1992).
- H. Chen, S. Chen and W. H. Matthaeus, Recovery of Navier-Stokes equations using a lattice-gas Boltzmann method.Phys. Rev. A 45(8):R5339–42 (1992).
- P. Bhatnagar, E. P. Gross, and M. K. Krook, A model for collision process in gases. I. Small amplitude processes in charged and neutral one-component system.Phys. Rev. 94:511 (1954).
- S. Chen, Z. Wang, X. Shan, and G. D. Doolen, Lattice Boltzmann computational fluid dynamics,J. Stat. Phys. 68:379 (1992).
- D. Martinez, W. H. Matthaeus, and S. Chen, Comparison of spectral method and lattice Boltzmann simulations of two-dimensional hydrodynamics,Phys. Fluids 6(3):1285–1298 (1993).
- S. Hou, Z. Qisu, S. Chen, G. Doolen, and A. C. Cogley, Simulation of cavity flow by the lattice Boltzmann method, preprint.
- F. J. Alexander, S. Chen, and J. D. Sterling, Lattice Boltzmann thermohydrodynamics,Phys. Rev. E 47:2249–2252 (1991).
- Y. H. Qian and S. A. Orszag, Simulating thermohydrodynamics with lattice BGK models.J. Sci. Comp. 8(3):231–242 (1993).
- Y. Chen, Lattice Bhatnagar-Gross-Krook method for fluid dynamics: Compressible, thermal and multi-phase models,Doctoral Thesis (1994).
- Y. Chen, H. Ohashi, and M. Akiyama, Thermal lattice Bhatnagar-Gross-Krook model without nonlinear deviations in macro-dynamic equations,Phys. Rev. E 50:2776–2783 (1994).
- S. Wolfram, Cellular automaton fluids 1: Basic theory,J. Stat. Phys. 45:471–526 (1986).
- G. McNamara and B. Alder, Analysis of the lattice Boltzmann treatment of hydrodynamics,Physica A 194:218–228 (1993).
- R. Benzi, S. Succi, and M. Vergassola, The lattice Boltzmann equation: Theory and applications,Phys. Rep. 222(3):145–197 (1992).
- Heat transfer in lattice BGK modeled fluid
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 81, Issue 1-2 , pp 71-85
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Lattice Boltzmann
- BGK approximation
- heat transfer
- computational fluid dynamics
- transonic flow
- Industry Sectors