Effect of certain chemical fertilizers on the rhizosphere myco-flora of Oryza sativa - I
- R. R. Mishra
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In the present study an attempt has been made to understand the effect of Ammonium nitrate and Urea on the rhizosphere mycoflora ofOryza sativa. The fertilizers' application to pot-soil planted with the paddy increased the microfungal population both in rhoizsphere and nonrhizosphere regions. Certain fungal species were stimulated by the fertilizers. 80 lbs/acre of amm. nitrate was most favourable for rhizosphere fungi where as 60 lbs/acre of urea proved the best.
- Agnihotri, V. P. (1964)Plant Soil 20:364–70.
- Baker, R. &Nash, M. S. (1965)Phytopathology, 55(12):1381–1382.
- Chesters, C. G. C. &Parkinson, D. (1959)Plant Soil 11:145–56.
- Clark, F. E. (1940)Trans. Kansas Acad. Sci.,43:75–84.
- Das, A. C. &Western, J. H. (1959)Ann. appl. Biol.,47:37–48.
- Gujarati, S. (1965) Ph.D. Thesis of Banaras Hindu University (“Investigations into rhizosphere microflora of cultivated legumes”).
- Horst, R. K. &Herr, L. I. (1962)Phytopathology, 52:423–27.
- Kaufman, D. D. &Williams, L. E. (1964) Ibid 54:134–139.
- Kaufman, D. D. &Williams, L. E. (1965) Ibid, 55:570–574.
- Louw, H. A. &Webley, D. M. (1959)J. Appl. Bacteriol., 22:216–26.
- Macura, J. (1958)Cesk. Mikrobiol., 3:17–26.
- Maurer, C. L. &Baker, R. (1965)Phytopathology, 55:69–72.
- Ramachandra-Reddy, J. K. (1959)Phytopathology, 36:286–89.
- Effect of certain chemical fertilizers on the rhizosphere myco-flora of Oryza sativa - I
Mycopathologia et mycologia applicata
Volume 44, Issue 2 , pp 167-176
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- R. R. Mishra (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Botany Department, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-5, India