Isolation and properties of cardiac and other mast cells from the rat and guinea-pig
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A method is described for the enzymic dispersion into their component cells of cardiac tissues from the rat and guinea-pig. The resulting suspensions containca. 1% free mast cells and exhibit a low spontaneous release of histamine. The reactivity of these cells towards a number of defined chemical histamine liberators is compared with that of other connective tissue mast cells from the same animals. The results obtained are discussed in terms of the general functional heterogeneity of mast cells from different locations.
- A. Giotti, A. Guidotti, P.F. Mannaioni andL. Zilletti,The influences of adrenotropic drugs and noradrenaline on the histamine release in cardiac anaphylaxis in vitro, J. Physiol., Lond.184, 924–941 (1966).
- R. Levi, A.A. Chenouda, J.P. Trzeciakowski, Z.-G. Guo, L.M. Aaronson, R.D. Luskind andC.-H. Lee,Dysrhythmias caused by histamine release in guinea pig and human hearts Klin. Wschr.60, 965–971 (1982). CrossRef
- F.L. Pearce andM. Ennis,Isolation and some properties of mast cells from the mesentery of the rat and guinea pig, Agents and Actions10, 124–131 (1980).
- M. Ennis andF.L. Pearce,Differential reactivity of isolated mast cells from the rat and guinea pig, Eur. J. Pharmac.66, 339–345 (1980). CrossRef
- K.E. Barrett, M. Ennis andF.L. Pearce,Mast cells isolated from guinea-pig lung: characterization and studies on histamine secretion, Agents and Actions13, 122–126 (1983).
- F.L. Pearce, K.E. Barrett andJ.R. White,Histamine secretion from mast cells treated with chlortetracycline (aureomycin): a novel calcium ionophore, Agents and Actions13, 117–122 (1983).
- F.L. Pearce,Functional heterogeneity of mast cells from different species and tissues, Klin. Wschr.60, 954–957 (1982). CrossRef
- F.L. Pearce,Mast cell heterogeneity, Trends Pharmacol. Sci.4, 165–167 (1983). CrossRef
- Isolation and properties of cardiac and other mast cells from the rat and guinea-pig
Agents and Actions
Volume 16, Issue 3-4 , pp 138-140
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors